• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I asking too much for this ASM collection?
1 1

131 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, kav said:

Two things that dont go together well are I need money now and I wont budge from my price.

Asking if something is too high and then saying you will let it sit forever at a small discount doesn't really go hand in hand.  Multiple knowledgeable sellers have told him the price is too high so now its up to him to listen.  Kind of sounds like a big waste of time if he sticks to the price after asking for advice.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Asking if something is too high and then saying you will let it sit forever at a small discount doesn't really go hand in hand.  Multiple knowledgeable sellers have told him the price is too high so now its up to him to listen.  Kind of sounds like a big waste of time if he sticks to the price after asking for advice.

Not saying its true here but often people ask a question but only want to have what they already think confirmed.  

1 hour ago, kav said:

Not saying its true here but often people ask a question but only want to have what they already think confirmed.  

Like I said previously - no one wants to hear it, but their books are not worth what they think they are. If he won't budge off that price, he will either (1) wait a very long time for the market to catch up to him or (2) find some clown who can't look at a price guide.

What you lot are telling me and what eBay is telling me are two different things entirely. I'll sell them for £3,500 I'm sure.

The listing ended yesterday and I've had four messages over night from different people thinking they sold.

Comic books in the UK are not as easily found as in the USA, indeed a lot of these books came from the land of apple pie, prom queens and AR-15's.

So we'll see what happens. Don't think I'm not grateful for your advice, I am, and my price I think it's where it needs to be. Cheers  :)

12 hours ago, Dan82 said:

What you lot are telling me and what eBay is telling me are two different things entirely. I'll sell them for £3,500 I'm sure.

The listing ended yesterday and I've had four messages over night from different people thinking they sold.

Comic books in the UK are not as easily found as in the USA, indeed a lot of these books came from the land of apple pie, prom queens and AR-15's.

So we'll see what happens. Don't think I'm not grateful for your advice, I am, and my price I think it's where it needs to be. Cheers  :)

hm

So, in other words you didn’t really want anyone’s opinions or collective knowledge, what you really wanted was everyone to tell you the pricing is spot on.

22 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Like I said previously - no one wants to hear it, but their books are not worth what they think they are. If he won't budge off that price, he will either (1) wait a very long time for the market to catch up to him or (2) find some clown who can't look at a price guide.

to be fair, there are plenty of clowns out there.

13 hours ago, Dan82 said:

Get the keys and any other issues worth grading sent off to cgc. Seems like a relatively small investment to possibly drastically increase your chances of getting paid in the range you are hoping to be paid.

3 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Get the keys and any other issues worth grading sent off to cgc. Seems like a relatively small investment to possibly drastically increase your chances of getting paid in the range you are hoping to be paid.

The only key is the 300; there's a handful of semi-keys.

56 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

hm

So, in other words you didn’t really want anyone’s opinions or collective knowledge, what you really wanted was everyone to tell you the pricing is spot on.

No not at all. I knew I was close to the mark just didn't know exactly how close... Or far. You lot have confirmed it. I have basically agreed a deal with a chap in Kent and will be hopefully dropping them off on Sunday. £3,100 I am keeping #38, #56, #63, #64, #82, #84, #86, #92, #97, #120, #654 they are being added to the other small stack I already pulled which were never listed or shown in the scan gallery. So it's a result :)

7 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I think I will. The kat has kept the cream! And I've cashed the rest I reckon. Happy days

13 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

The only key is the 300; there's a handful of semi-keys.

That's inaccurate, but there are certainly many keys and other popular/valuable issues missing from that ASM collection.

23 minutes ago, speedcake said:

There are. If you're calling me a clown don't beat around the bush. Say it. That's fighting talk round my way.

23 minutes ago, speedcake said:
22 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

But it's more likely that some clown will blindly trust a price guide and not be able to look at and understand the market. I don't see how looking at any price guide I've seen will help them understand the true value of the books.

23 minutes ago, Dan82 said:

That's not really true at all is it. 300 is the money book but there are other keys for sure.

No there aren't, especially not in the grades you have listed. Books that could even be considered as "key" in this collection are:

#25 VG 4.0 1st Mary Jane Watson (in shadows)
#78 VG+ 4.5
#102 F/VF 7.0 Origin of Morbius The Living Vampire
#210 VF/NM 9.0
#212 NM+ 9.6
#238 VF 8.0 1st Appearance of The Hobgoblin
#252 NM 9.4 1st black suit in regular series
#300 NM 9.4 1st Full Appearance of Venom

and even those are not in grade and a real stretch (I love me some ASM 210 but it is a wildly speculative book). You don't have 39, 40, 50, 100, 101, 121, 122, 129, 135, 149, 194, 361, any of the annuals, etc. etc.

If you get $3,500 in cash money (3100 pounds) for these books well done