• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any other 1940 Ideal Novelty Supermans out there?

12 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Cosmic Boy said:

Just thought I'd see if any other boardies were lucky to have one in their collection?

Basically the first superhero action figure.

Pictured below is mine. I believe the cape is original and the face is in good shape. He needs to be restrung though. A bit droopy at present. 

If you have pics of yours, post them and show this piece of comics history some love!

This is on my bucket list of things to own and carry with me till I am dead. 

If you are looking to restring it there are some excellent youtube tutorials.  After viewing a few it is not too tough. 

If you want to send it out you can go to Doll Doctor Association to locate a place that does it professionally. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

There was an auction several years back for the Superman doll with the box. It went for quite a bit at the time if I recall correctly. 

They are quite sought after. Based on what I paid for this one, I can't imagine the value of one still in box.

I hate seeing these awesome things. Makes me think of the time in the mid 90s when I passed up one in beautiful condition that was only 75 bucks. I am an i-d-i-o-t. :mad:

Edited by catman76
stupid censorship

2 hours ago, catman76 said:

I hate seeing these awesome things. Makes me think of the time in the mid 90s when I passed up one in beautiful condition that was only 75 bucks. I am an i-d-i-o-t. :mad:

I got the one I posted without the cape from a box on the ground early in the morning for $85. I couldn’t whip the money out fast enough. That being said, although cool as hell, there are plenty of them around. Several thousand unless mint and complete with the plain un-marked box seems like a stretch to me...(shrug)