• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My HULK 110

12 posts in this topic

Really nice Reds

Now let the grading crowd begin.

My guess is the that the "redder" reds are a feature of his scanner and the color adjustment on it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a very sharp book with only very minor corner damage . . . I'm thinkin' at least a 9.2 sumo.gif perhaps a 9.4 wink.gif

Really nice Reds

Now let the grading crowd begin.

My guess is the that the "redder" reds are a feature of his scanner and the color adjustment on it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a very sharp book with only very minor corner damage . . . I'm thinkin' at least a 9.2 sumo.gif perhaps a 9.4 wink.gif

The Reds shown are actually pretty close to that of the book. Of couse every monitor will show different shades of color, unless they've been color corrected using a product such as photoshop.

I would tend to believe that the colors are pretty representative of reality. It's not suffering from pixel-burn, and the blues seem healthy so I don't think the scan is overshifted to red, and the whites of the back don't seem bleached out.

I give it a 9.0, those tiny corner creases on the front right side knock it down for me. Great looking book,though.

I would tend to believe that the colors are pretty representative of reality. It's not suffering from pixel-burn, and the blues seem healthy so I don't think the scan is overshifted to red, and the whites of the back don't seem bleached out.

I respectfully disagree Brad - I think it's simply a saturation issue. Here is an example of it toned down by 10% which shows some greater detail as well:

hulk110ft.jpg

Less expensive scanners commonly have problems with this issue.