• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, skypinkblu said:

Trust me, after listening to people pontificate for 8 hours in a meeting, when they decide to continue in the "bar downstairs"...Hugh Jackman wouldn't have looked good;)

Hugh Jackman in the bar would have told you to "go f__k yourself" anyways. :banana: Just kidding. :wavingwhiteflag:

On 8/26/2022 at 9:44 PM, skypinkblu said:

He signed an autograph for me once, he's actually very polite and REALLY tall.

Nice, never met him, he never seems to come to Alberta, Canada.

FYI I was quoting Wolverine from Xmen First Class, as the thought occurred that just maybe skypinkblu had not seen the movie and knew my comedic frame of reference:

Edited by Artboy99

On 8/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, skypinkblu said:

Thanks...I've seen all the movies but I didn't remember the scene. I just thought you were drinking lol.

Jackman was in a Broadway show called "The Boy From Oz""...He came outside after the show and met with those of us who bought a poster o benefit Aids. I had a good friend who had died from it so I bought one. He signed them all outside the theater at the back door after the show. My daughter was a teenager and she wanted the signature...she still has the poster. 

I' dont think I've ever done any meet a celebrity stuff except for that...but he was super patient and charming.

That is so cool! :applause:

On 8/28/2022 at 3:23 PM, TupennyConan said:

She-Hulk E1&2 operated as a tonic or elixir after watching Stranger Things S3&4 the past 2 months. 

Great show, so far. 

Its funny to me, the more people talk about Stranger Things, the less I actually want to see it

On 8/28/2022 at 5:21 PM, fantastic_four said:

Should we assume Blonsky's "seven soulmates" he wants to buy a plot of land with are the Thunderbolts?

That's the line-up. Using this as a handoff to Thunderbolts (and She-Hulk going through extensive one-night dates reducing the local eligible bachelors like candy).

:fear:

Wonder which characters we'll get as Thunderbolts.  Zemo seems like a given, and Blonsky, Bucky, US Agent, Ghost, and Deadpool are all possibilities--but you'd have to assume most of the lineup will be new characters we haven't seen in the MCU yet.

I am giving She Hulk a chance but really, it's so juvenile and complacent...like watching paint drip on a wall...I recently watched Jane The Virgin and the writing and plot twists are way beyond anything I have seen MCU anything develop...granted, it's a soap opera but still, makes me wonder about the restrictions that are placed on the character development in MCU shows...for god's sake...what is more soap opary than a comic book narrative??? why are these producers so afraid of making a great show...Firefly killed it for everyone...Netflix came close with their shows...but even they were killed

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/29/2022 at 2:58 AM, Ed Hanes said:

I am giving She Hulk a chance but really, it's so juvenile and complacent...like watching paint drip on a wall...I recently watched Jane The Virgin and the writing and plot twists are way beyond anything I have seen MCU anything develop...granted, it's a soap opera but still, makes me wonder about the restrictions that are placed on the character development in MCU shows...for god's sake...what is more soap opary than a comic book narrative??? why are these producers so afraid of making a great show...Firefly killed it for everyone...Netflix came close with their shows...but even they were killed

Not s soap opera.

Marvel officially calls it a comedy.

We watched the 2nd Ep this weekend it was a bit better but still not my cup of tea.  I'll probably switch over and watch Locke and Key Season 3 this week since I liked Seasons 1 & 2.

On 8/26/2022 at 12:07 PM, Lpgk said:

I enjoyed it too. probably laughed more than episode 1. i really don't think this is geared to the 50+ and over group. look at the music choices and soundtrack. 

Maybe not but, at 72 years old, I am having a blast watching this show! 

On 8/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, The Meta said:

Its funny to me, the more people talk about Stranger Things, the less I actually want to see it

It isn't horrible, but (for me) was predictable. My wife kept asking me if I already watched it. I always tell her, "Many times, under many titles."

The first few episodes of s3 made me think it was going to put all the girls in the forefront while the boys are made drones, but then seemed to level out.

The stoner guy (I forget him name) was too much. He kept saying, "My dude." I'm pretty sure in the 80s people only said, "Dude."

Edited by MR SigS

On 8/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, The Meta said:

same here. i kept hearing about Stranger Things. Game of Thrones and Umbrella Academy. Watched a few minutes of it, didnt' care for it. 

On 8/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Just read something on screenrant about Wolverine being hinted at in She Hulk. I'm not following the series at all so anybody know anything about this?

On 8/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

She-Hulk looking over the internet page...

Shehulk_Wolverine.PNG.01018a1bdd0b32bb9fab5995dbf3e0d5.PNG

:whatthe:

On 8/28/2022 at 4:42 PM, fantastic_four said:

Wonder which characters we'll get as Thunderbolts.  Zemo seems like a given, and Blonsky, Bucky, US Agent, Ghost, and Deadpool are all possibilities--but you'd have to assume most of the lineup will be new characters we haven't seen in the MCU yet.

I saw a recent leak that said it was:

Abomination

Ghost

Taskmaster (god I hope it's not the deaf mute female)

USAgent

Yelena

Zemo

and...Winter Soldier. 

Take with grain of salt.