• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 10:16 AM, drotto said:

So much makes sense now.FB_IMG_1663773301861.thumb.jpg.35de8f47b34531db3d84d9bdc58e0257.jpg

I'm so-so on Love and Thunder, but now we're rewriting Ragnarok as a bad film as well?

Just so I'm clear, if we dislike something DC does we're to respectfully post our review and then disappear, but we can still rag on anything Marvel makes as much as we want, right?

Edited by thunsicker

On 9/21/2022 at 2:50 PM, thunsicker said:

I'm so-so on Love and Thunder, but now we're rewriting Ragnarok as a bad film as well?

Just so I'm clear, if we dislike something DC does we're to respectfully post our review and then disappear, but we can still rag on anything Marvel makes as much as we want, right?

Let me see. For years folks on here ragged on DC movies repeatedly. Attacked me personally for even appreciating and speaking up with enjoying DC films.

I guess that was okay all those years, but now that Marvel Studios is stumbling with certain productions then we make it a DC fanbase problem? Yeah, you must be right.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:50 PM, thunsicker said:

You have to read the room. For example, if you go into the ZSJL thread and start s**tting on it, expect to be met with much backlash because it seems most of the people who frequent this sub are big fans of it. If you go into the Infinity War thread and do the same, I expect you to be met with equal backlash. The quality of the movie/show typically decides the discussion in this sub, and you will always find resistance. It appears that Hector was enjoying this show early on; Haven't seen him post anything negative, really.

On 9/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

Let me see. For years folks on here ragged on DC movies repeatedly. Attacked me personally for even appreciating and speaking up with enjoying DC films.

And it was even admitted that Marvel was celebrated because some people flip books. So, for them, the narrative that the MCU can do no wrong was only self-serving, and not a commentary on how good the actual movie products are.

I haven’t watched this weeks episode but I look forward to it every Thursday 

I like the show 

Jen has grown on me, I don’t care too much about the production as I’m used to other shows looking like this (albeit not Disney ones)

it’s a sitcom and I’ve always enjoyed sitcoms 

i don’t think of it as a comic property in a bigger sense of a universe, I enjoy it for what it is 

(shrug)

also I wasn’t aware people take attendance or I had to continually post my opinion on a subject especially when it’s against the rest of the thread. What’s the point 

On 9/22/2022 at 7:15 AM, jsilverjanet said:

also I wasn’t aware people take attendance or I had to continually post my opinion on a subject especially when it’s against the rest of the thread. What’s the point

I was simply using your enjoyment of the show as a point of reference that there's always different opinions to whatever the 'mainstream' may appear to be here. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did finally find a character I like, Mallory Book.  Possibly the only real person in this entire show. I did also like Nikki better this episode, getting her away from Jennifer helps.

Overall a mildly better episode, but it is clear the writers really only identify with Jennifer and they are venting their hated and frustration with world through her.  This show may hate men, but at its core I think it hates women even more.  All the women in the show except for Jen, Nikki, and Book are extremely shallow.  They only care about men, relationships, and clothing. On top of that they are relentlessly mean to one another. 

I wonder how damaged, lonely, and bitter the writers are, when every situation they create or character they write feels so cynical, and shallow, and they one character they clearly love is always getting crapped on, and like them comes across as bitter, defeated, and lonely. Jennifer to this point is not fun.

ep06

Spoiler

I actually laughed! First time in 6 episodes! - When the immortal guy ran through the glass to fall from the hi-rise to get away from the 2 women verbally bombarding him.

Apparently drunken behavior is what is funny to the writers of the show.

5 out of 10

Edited by Artboy99

On 9/22/2022 at 5:47 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Great episode. Making fun of the right people in the right ways (dumb internet harassers). 

Josh is nice but it pretty obvious who he is, which is a shame as sometimes it's nice to get character love interests without some hidden connection or motive.

Who is he?

It isn't that obvious to me.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:49 PM, Artboy99 said:

Who is he?

It isn't that obvious to me.

I'm pretty sure he is going to be revealed to be

Spoiler

Thunderball (as the intro segment spent lots of time focusing on him, which I don't think was only to connect to the end lab scene) or at least one of the Wrecking Crew.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Hide contents

Thunderball (as the intro segment spent lots of time focusing on him, which I don't think was only to connect to the end lab scene) or at least one of the Wrecking Crew.

Yes, it is very obvious and the big bad is obvious now also. There is not a lot of subtly here 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

completely different actor from the guy who played Thunderball in ep03 though. Unless he becomes a different Thunderball...

On 9/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

I guess that was okay all those years, but now that Marvel Studios is stumbling with certain productions then we make it a DC fanbase problem? Yeah, you must be right.

I, for one, agreed with your take and tried not to spend too much time harping on movies I didn’t like after that.  I must say, you are probably the one I’m most disappointed in seeing spending so much time and energy on films and studios you don’t like.  That saying I can understand you felt aggrieved and need to take it out and on others.