• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, rexinnih said:

Haven't seen the last couple episodes but that scene had a real "The Tick" are we going for tongue in cheek vibe to it. 

As soon as saw that clip I thought of Nestor Carbonell's Batmanuel! 

Edited by PovertyRow

I just finished the "wedding" episode, and I thought it was great - I liked the overall normality it tried to inject into it. This show has done a great job of having it's own style and sticking with it. I'm sure the main target demo is females, but they've done a great job with humor to make an old dude like me enjoy it. And I'm a former card-carrying member of NO MA'AM - they continue to provide a female perspective but not alienate guys by forcing us to watch a all-girl 10k marathon man-stomp.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:57 PM, Hawkman said:

I'm enjoying this show a lot. Not sure if it's my favorite so far, but it is solidly good.

I agree. For me, it's going to be hard for Marvel to top Loki. That was a total package Marvel show. (leaving out Daredevil and Punisher, of course).

On 9/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think the show unintentionally did exactly this, though. 2c

This week's episode, the writers actually put their therapy session in the show (or it may be the actual writers room). Jen gets affirmed she is great just the way she is, and the big boy friend reveal is exactly what was telegraphed.   

The end.

Edited by drotto

On 9/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, drotto said:

This week's episode, the writers actually put their therapy session in the show (or it may be the actualy writers room). Jen get affirmed she is great just the way she is, and the big boy friend reveal is exactly what was telegraphed.   

The end.

I'm going to PM you a video, because I can't recall if it's suitable for the boards.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think the show unintentionally did exactly this, though. 2c

Yeah, I can see how people can think that - I don't feel as alienated in this show as I did with Handmaid's Tale, which I had to stop watching midway through the first season it was so over-the-top. Granted, that was the source material - but it was just too much to be entertaining. I don't feel that way with She-Hulk.

And yes, Margaret Atwood fans: I am comparing her books to She-hulk comics. Take that!

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 9/29/2022 at 11:52 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, I can see how people can think that - I don't feel as alienated in this show as I did with Handmaid's Tale, which I had to stop watching midway through the first season it was so over-the-top. Granted, that was the source material - but it was just too much to be entertaining. I don't feel that way with She-Hulk.

And yes, Margaret Atwood fans: I am comparing her books to She-hulk comics. Take that!

The issue with Handmaid’s Tale is there is only one book, that is basically covered in season one.  Everything after that was not written by the original author. I liked the first season, stopped like 4 episodes into season 2.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:27 AM, drotto said:

The issue with Handmaid’s Tale is there is only one book, that is basically covered in season one.  Everything after that was not written by the original author. I liked the first season, stopped like 4 episodes into season 2.

That has a kind of later seasons GAME OF THRONES feel. :fear:

On 9/29/2022 at 4:55 PM, PovertyRow said:

That has a kind of later seasons GAME OF THRONES feel. :fear:

Yeap.  Looking back the changes made to the Dorne storyline should have been a massive red flag.  There is just so much evidence that when a show based on a specific IP runs out of material but keeps going, things turn to spoon.