• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, jsilverjanet said:

remember the disappointment of all that build up that never delivered and was further thrown away in the Dr Strange movie

I remember the bad taste in my mouth when I found that Agatha was the main villain in Wandavision after getting to the last episode. And then to make matters worse, they announced her own show. I hate that character and the actress. Makes me wanna launch a brick at  my TV. 

Edited by Lpgk

Not sure what everyone's issue with episode three was...it was good and was the typical courtroom/case episode I was assuming this show would get into. Sticking to the self absorbed man-baby was great. The twerking at the end was nothing, and arguably better than other instances of dancing in the MCU as this literally is taking place in a very lighthearted COMEDY series for a single second.

Could the CGI be better, yes...in fact it looked most out of place on Abomination, but for a short comedy series I couldn't care less. Disney/MCU should pay the effects teams more and better treat their workers, so that is the main complaint with any bad CGI - and not that a big green lady doesn't look right for about ten minutes of screen time.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Not sure what everyone's issue with episode three was...it was good and was the typical courtroom/case episode I was assuming this show would get into. Sticking to the self absorbed man-baby was great. The twerking at the end was nothing, and arguably better than other instances of dancing in the MCU as this literally is taking place in a very lighthearted COMEDY series for a single second.

Could the CGI be better, yes...in fact it looked most out of place on Abomination, but for a short comedy series I couldn't care less. Disney/MCU should pay the effects teams more and better treat their workers, so that is the main complaint with any bad CGI - and not that a big green lady doesn't look right for about ten minutes of screen time.

I think it is the general design of the story, and the twerking just added on to the disappointment.

What I think didn't help the show structure the story in a way this all came together nicely is with that news coming out how they swapped around episodes. So taking Episode 8 and throwing it forward to make it Episode 1, you had Jen already coming across as an established attorney with what appears to be a solid career. So having her complain to Bruce how much she tries to be taken seriously, and yet has to work so much harder than men and yet still isn't taken serious may ignore her accomplishments at that point in time.

I wonder if they had left it at Episode 8 of 9 (it will be 9 episodes total), it could have setup some of the story in a way her frustration and explosions would seem logically fitting.

But then it is the supporting characters they are throwing out there as comedy pieces as well. Those wanting some of the more serious MCU story influences could be disappointed. The Wrecking Crew seem to much of a mess for now to be taken serious.

Edited by Bosco685

The writer's interviews may not be helping.

Here's the full interview referenced. To be fair. I hate when Youtubers chop up someone's interview just so they can force those spots to reinforce whatever message they are pushing. But hate to say it - this seems consistent.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

The writer's interviews may not be helping.

Here's the full interview referenced. To be fair. I hate when Youtubers chop up someone's interview just so they can force those spots to reinforce whatever message they are pushing. But hate to say it - this seems consistent.

To be fair, that's what all media does with interviews that don't air live.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:42 PM, D84 said:

To be fair, that's what all media does with interviews that don't air live.

I hear ya. But you will get these big Youtubers at times that will just chop up an interview to the point you would think something friendly or mild turns into something off the wall.

Just recently you had the actor playing Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) being misquoted in an interview on social media that he feels playing the comic book characters is clown work. And that is not what he said. But to mock what happened, he went along with posting an image to laugh it off.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

I hear ya. But you will get these big Youtubers at times that will just chop up an interview to the point you would think something friendly or mild turns into something off the wall.

Just recently you had the actor playing Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) being misquoted in an interview on social media that he feels playing the comic book characters is clown work. And that is not what he said. But to mock what happened, he went along with posting an image to laugh it off.

And the Jim Jeffries show did the same thing to make a guy look racist when Jeffries was telling the racist jokes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/status/1406733501768994816

Edited by D84
Fixed incorrect link

On 9/3/2022 at 8:00 PM, D84 said:

And the Jim Jeffries show did the same thing to make a guy look racist when Jeffries was telling the racist jokes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/status/1406733501768994816

doh!

There oughta be a prerequisite to be on social media. Many share whatever they want just to get clicks, and nothing more. It is sad how many learned outrage is one of the strongest emotions to play upon for responses.

Edited by Bosco685