• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creepy world's no32 1962

20 posts in this topic

It's curious - the cover is a partial redraw of the original and the cop on the sidewalk at the back corner of the building is missing.  Can't see the rest of the cover for any other differences.

Also curious is that FF 1 was issued in the UK in 1961 so why the need to do a cheap black and white version a few years later?

12 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

It's curious - the cover is a partial redraw of the original and the cop on the sidewalk at the back corner of the building is missing.  Can't see the rest of the cover for any other differences.

Also curious is that FF 1 was issued in the UK in 1961 so why the need to do a cheap black and white version a few years later?

To be honest I have no idea there is limited information around and from what I know this was released in 1962 as a first uk appearance of the ff4 but because of the limited information I dont know.

"Creepy Worlds #32-38 was a rare exception to this rule, reprinting an almost straight run of early Fantastic Four stories."

so that explains it barely website is below

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/creepy-worlds/4050-45572/

13 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Rest of the cover:

15670644407294660115432033482848.jpg

https://www.comics.org/issue/1714163/cover/4/

Above is the link to both cover versions (UK and North American) of Fantastic Four #1.  

These two versions, were released in very close proximity to each other from what I've read so someone referring to Creepy Worlds #32 as the first UK appearance of the Fantastic Four is incorrect.

4 hours ago, Jacksonson241 said:

Rest of the cover:

15670644407294660115432033482848.jpg

Looks as if the civilian on the right in the blue suit is at least a partial re-draw - not to mention colour change on the suit.  Also, a fourth civilian on the sidewalk is missing...so lots of alterations when you compare with the original comic book.

8 hours ago, Jacksonson241 said:

I am soon going to put it up on eBay for auction for 50. Thanks everyone for helping.

I'll try to reply and keep you all updated

Whilst I don't actively collect these Alan Class comics I pick up the Marvel super-hero reprints when I see them cheap (£1 - £5). In the last few years those reprinting key issues - AF#15, TOS#39 and your FF#1 - have soured in price mirroring the key issue focus on the originals. As to value I agree with Lazyboy and I'd be surprised if you didn't get around £200 for it.

Try Wiki for some useful info on these Alan Class comics, I know wiki isn't always reliable but I think most here is. Also 30th Century Comics site although info is dated;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Class_Comics

https://30thcenturycomics.co.uk/extras/alan-class/

4 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Looks as if the civilian on the right in the blue suit is at least a partial re-draw - not to mention colour change on the suit.  Also, a fourth civilian on the sidewalk is missing...so lots of alterations when you compare with the original comic book.

Whilst Creepy Worlds is a UK reprint the alternative cover wasn't done in the UK, look at these covers from the Fireside "Origins Of Marvel Comics"img030.thumb.jpg.429054766a38f1d7ee4762830285e8fa.jpg

only three people on sidewalk (although in UK we call it a pavement)

img031.thumb.jpg.76f3ba3fd73aeb9b01de4055a5576a33.jpg

No vent in Banner's lab coat

img032.thumb.jpg.dab5f8e9d6a2f5c9747e8ad7550b5ae0.jpg

…… how many Stonemen?

Compared to the published comic versions we all know;

165964161_hulk1.jpg.8bab442794304022f07f1566f9a27326.jpgff1.jpg.91eea363b45bccc73b0d90d0a9e3c161.jpg

984569898_jim83.jpg.d08c882c3730644fb6bbdfb856946d46.jpg

26 minutes ago, GARYSTAR said:

Whilst I don't actively collect these Alan Class comics I pick up the Marvel super-hero reprints when I see them cheap (£1 - £5). In the last few years those reprinting key issues - AF#15, TOS#39 and your FF#1 - have soured in price mirroring the key issue focus on the originals. As to value I agree with Lazyboy and I'd be surprised if you didn't get around £200 for it.

Try Wiki for some useful info on these Alan Class comics, I know wiki isn't always reliable but I think most here is. Also 30th Century Comics site although info is dated;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Class_Comics

https://30thcenturycomics.co.uk/extras/alan-class/

Soared, surely Gary! :grin:

I agree, the key reprints have been increasing rapidly. I recently told a well versed dealer that his Out of This World #17 was woefully underpriced at around £40 as I'd seen copies going for well in excess of £200 (it reprints AF#15). I should have just bought it - too honest me 

Here's my old copy which I sold for around £20 back in the day when these had comparatively little value:

1087610916_OOTW17.thumb.JPG.bf387881ceba144ff7c51e2b38de0b94.JPG

And here's an article from the 30th Century Website which shows a copy of CW #32 with original printing plates up for £1500 :whatthe:

cw.thumb.PNG.4cf22537deff76f966f29070d09882bd.PNG

Should've bought them all for a few pounds when I had the chance... (statement of the obvious alert!)

Wow thank you all very much for all your help this has been very useful as I've started to collect comics I mostly buy them at carboots (which I believe are mostly in the uk).as people want to get rid of them so I get them relatively cheap and this is my first really good find and I feel welcomed into this community already so thank you all.

Kind regards.

Also I need some help with this its self explanatory:

17 minutes ago, Jacksonson241 said:

If you're wondering why you can't get rid of the linked Creepy Worlds 32 it may have something to do with the fact that you won't post anywhere except the UK...

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

If you're wondering why you can't get rid of the linked Creepy Worlds 32 it may have something to do with the fact that you won't post anywhere except the UK...

Not my decision I'm only 15 thats my mum's account so yeah