• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two - Face

31 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Here is Detective 80 The Return of Two Face, which is the third appearance of Two Face. Name was changed to avoid confusion with Clark Kent.

RCO003_1468989400.jpg

Interesting !  Thanks so much !  I figured it had something to do with Clark Kent.  Seems kind of lazy in their part not to make the switch at the origin 

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

killer !

So the lucky coin landed on the scarred side?

48 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Two Face is maybe my favorite Batman villian. Maybe even more than the Joker. I always liked his origin and the fact he could go either way with the flip of that scarred coin. Not a whole lot of GA cover appearances. 

5F6F0FE1-A256-445B-99C9-D74F1996A8FB.jpeg

Batman #50 you have there is one of my favorite GA Batman covers even though I usually favor the Cat woman ones. :cloud9:

18 minutes ago, telerites said:

I had no idea.  Wonder if the Apollo last is a nod to the Apollo Theater since he is depicted as an actor.

From the first appearance of Two Face Detective 66, before the acid in the face, he was known as Harvey "Apollo" Kent, because he was so handsome.

RCO004_1468933327.jpg

On 8/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Here is Detective 80 The Return of Two Face, which is the third appearance of Two Face. Name was changed to avoid confusion with Clark Kent.

RCO003_1468989400.jpg

DC was probably trying to hide the fact that Two Face was actually Clark Kent’s “half” brother...:devil:

17 hours ago, telerites said:

I had no idea.  Wonder if the Apollo last is a nod to the Apollo Theater since he is depicted as an actor.

Possible but I think it more likely a nod to the Greek god who was noted for his beauty.

The Apollo theatre although at one time was a “whites only” establishment was known for its African American crowd from Harlem during the Two Face creation period. It was a exciting period for the theatre for sure.