• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you were in the market for all/some of these books...

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Krishosein said:

thanks for that I usually grouped copper in the modern age but yeah and didn't know about the title of chromium.. learn something new. 

technically you are correct many place these books strongly in the modern age.  

The Batman/Robin book is worth a little more, the others are kind of semi semi semi kind of sort of maybe minor semi minor keys... books that theoretically can sell for $5-$12 raw or so. Them being slabbed in those grades does not help them all that much given that it adds $5-$7 to your shipping cost. I'd pay $10 each total, shipped, but mainly because I want some exemplar slabs to help with grading ("what would cgc do?") as I sold most of my slabs.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

technically you are correct many place these books strongly in the modern age.  

so would the copper age then be considered 1986-1993 and chrome 1993 -2000?

1 minute ago, Krishosein said:

so would the copper age then be considered 1986-1993 and chrome 1993 -2000?

yes but many just subsume copper and chromium into the modern age.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

The Batman/Robin book is worth a little more, the others are kind of semi semi semi kind of sort of maybe minor semi minor keys... books that theoretically can sell for $5-$12 raw or so. Them being slabbed in those grades does not help them all that much given that it adds $5-$7 to your shipping cost. I'd pay $10 each total, shipped, but mainly because I want some exemplar slabs to help with grading ("what would cgc do?") as I sold most of my slabs.

Using this from now on.  xD

Edited by sagekilz

Just now, Lazyboy said:

mustbetrue.thumb.jpg.122513f26e71e90c6bdf7c40e28f3e9e.jpg

It says so somewhere online, so it must be true. :eyeroll:

when do you say the bronze age was?

27 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Using this from now on.  xD

I don't want to call them drek because they are better than that. There is interest in them, it's just sometimes hit or miss interest and you need patience sometimes to get a decent price outside the 9.8 (or maybe 9.6) slab scenario...books you might only get 99 cents for in a 99 cent opening bid auction one week, but $10 the next week. The Batman book is more consistent as a $15+ type book though.

Edited by the blob

9 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

mustbetrue.thumb.jpg.122513f26e71e90c6bdf7c40e28f3e9e.jpg

It says so somewhere online, so it must be true. :eyeroll:

Ps thats what's known as the 'hasty generalization' or 'conclusion from an insufficient sample'.  You found one thing wrong on the internet, therefore you claim everything on the internet is wrong.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

when do you say the bronze age was?

Copper started by 1981. The top Copper book, TMNT 1, came out in 1984, so anybody saying Bronze ended after that (like your first image) is instantly exposed as a drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_person even if you disagree on the exact dates..

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

I don't want to call them drek because they are better than that. There is interest in them, it's just sometimes hit or miss interest and you need patience sometimes to get a decent price outside the 9.8 (or maybe 9.6) slab scenario...books you might only get 99 cents for in a 99 cent opening bid auction one week, but $10 the next week. The Batman book is more consistent as a $15+ type book though.

Need some extra cash in the upcoming weeks and was considering parting with a tiny bit of my collection.  All the books listed in the opening post are slabbed FWIW.

Edited by sagekilz

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Copper started by 1981. The top Copper book, TMNT 1, came out in 1984, so anybody saying Bronze ended after that (like your first image) is instantly exposed as a drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_person even if you disagree on the exact dates..

I would agree with this actually.  I always thought the bronze age began in 1970 with GL 76 and ended around 1979.

X Force 11 in CGC 9.4 has been going for $30-50. Not too shabby, and a good book to own for Domino fans.

making local sales is typically the best option for low value slabs. Shipping a $15-$20 slab (those other x force slabs) for $7-$10 really eats into the potential value online. 

On 9/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, Lazyboy said:

What's wrong with drooling...?

I've subscribed to the idea that the Bronze Age ended with the beginning of the "Dark Age" of comic books in 1984. I think the "Copper Age" is a dumb label and group all "CA" books with Modern.

On 9/6/2019 at 9:56 AM, sagekilz said:

...what would you pay?

Books are slabbed with their corresponding grade below.

All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder 10 8/08 - 9.6 WHITE (Recalled due to improper editing of obscenities)

X-Factor 15 4/87  - 9.0 WHITE

X-Force 11 6/92  - 9.4 WHITE

X-Force 19 2/93  - 9.2 WHITE

Marvel Comics Presents 19 5/89 - 9.4 WHITE

treefiddy

threefifty

do not apply.

X-Factor 15 4/87  - 9.0 WHITE $15

X-Force 11 6/92  - 9.4 WHITE $45

X-Force 19 2/93  - 9.2 WHITE $10

Marvel Comics Presents 19 5/89 - 9.4 WHITE $15

but what would I pay? 

nothing.

not one dollar.

Zero.

Zilch.

These modern books are mostly only valuable to a collector in 9.8 or better. So I would have zero interest in them personally or as a modern collector. 

Edited by miraclemet
mistype on the x-force 11

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I've subscribed to the idea that the Bronze Age ended with the beginning of the "Dark Age" of comic books in 1984. I think the "Copper Age" is a dumb label and group all "CA" books with Modern.

:screwy: