• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-men #94
1 1

15 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

FoggyNelson can you highlight s the main flaws please? Top right corner?

What I'm seeing, and I'm no expert. And you'll notice a lot of words in quotes as I may not even be using the correct terminology.

1) Top right cover chip. Probably biggest defect.
2) "Flakes" along edge of front right cover
3) Multiple spine ticks
4) Back cover seems a tad "dirty"
5) Is their a small tear at top staple?

And the biggest factor of all. CGC almost always grades lower than what we estimate here. Sometimes I can almost picture a CGC grader going home alone to his apartment with two cats and chuckling "I gave a guy a 6.0 on an 7.5 book today". Wahaha. Then he heats up a microwave dinner and watches Jeopardy.

1 minute ago, WPPJames said:

What I'm seeing, and I'm no expert. And you'll notice a lot of words in quotes as I may not even be using the correct terminology.

1) Top right cover chip. Probably biggest defect.
2) "Flakes" along edge of front right cover
3) Multiple spine ticks
4) Back cover seems a tad "dirty"
5) Is their a small tear at top staple?

And the biggest factor of all. CGC almost always grades lower than what we estimate here. Sometimes I can almost picture a CGC grader going home alone to his apartment with two cats and chuckling "I gave a guy a 6.0 on an 7.5 book today". Wahaha. Then he heats up a microwave dinner and watches Jeopardy.

Hi WPPJames

Thanks for your input. I was thinking 7.5 after seeing the chip and yeah that tear (perhaps) at the top of the staple might even make this a 7.0. The dirty can be cleaned so that is less an issue.

Your Jeopardy reference made me laugh. Buying this as a 8.5 would be overgraded for sure.

Thanks for your 2c

I would of been at a 8.0 with a cleaning of the back cover as there only spine ticks cover chip and spine stress that I see