• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant's HARBINGER from Paramount (TBD)
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Not going to lie, I could not be any more disappointed that they divided up the movie rights.   I really want this universe to succeed but after Bloodshot suffering due to the shutdown of theaters and a division of IP between studios, I am not going to get the Harbinger Wars, Unity, or crossovers that this universe deserves unless a Sony-Marvel type deal can be negotiated. 

Sony has Bloodshot

Paramount has Harbinger and supposedly Archer and Armstrong

Who has X-O, Shadowman, and Eternal Warrior with Batista?

And one more thing... as long as I am ranting... I heard comparisons from a few friends unfamiliar with the character that Bloodshot would be another Punisher.  Even though Shadowman is not a character I actively follow, I really feel that Shadowman is the property that is most different than anything currently out there and would really be the chance for the Valiant Universe to introduce something different to movie goers. 

On 5/20/2020 at 11:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

Not going to lie, I could not be any more disappointed that they divided up the movie rights.   I really want this universe to succeed but after Bloodshot suffering due to the shutdown of theaters and a division of IP between studios, I am not going to get the Harbinger Wars, Unity, or crossovers that this universe deserves unless a Sony-Marvel type deal can be negotiated. 

Sony has Bloodshot

Paramount has Harbinger and supposedly Archer and Armstrong

Who has X-O, Shadowman, and Eternal Warrior with Batista?

And one more thing... as long as I am ranting... I heard comparisons from a few friends unfamiliar with the character that Bloodshot would be another Punisher.  Even though Shadowman is not a character I actively follow, I really feel that Shadowman is the property that is most different than anything currently out there and would really be the chance for the Valiant Universe to introduce something different to movie goers. 

Couldn't have stated this any better.  The Valiant universe held so much promise until all this came about.

The Maze Runner director Wes Ball is attached to bring Harbinger to the big screen for Valiant Comics and Paramount Pictures. As first reported by Deadline, the filmmaker behind Fox's trilogy of young adult novel adaptations is developing the first cinematic take on the Jim Shooter and David Lapham co-created comic book series about psionically-powered teens called "Harbingers."

Leading a resistance of hero Renegades is the powerful Psiot Peter Stanchek, a.k.a. Sting, who battles the Omega-level Harbinger Toyo Harada and his Harbinger Foundation. 

Last news we heard after Top Gun: Maverick's success.

Screen Rant's sources have confirmed that Paramount's Harbinger has secured Paul Downs Colaizzo (Brittany Runs a Marathon) to direct, with the film being fast tracked to follow on the heels of Top Gun: Maverick's massive box office success. The idea is to expand on the Psiots of the Valiant Universe, who could potentially become Paramount's own superhero property akin to Marvel or DC. With Paramount riding high on the success of Top Gun: Maverick, as well as the above expectation growth of Paramount+ to nearly 64 million subs, the growth potential for Harbinger and Valiant in live-action form has gotten stronger.