• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stress marks and grades
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hopefully people with more experience can shed some light on this for me. I have a Spawn #97, for argument sake lets just say it is pretty much perfect however it has 4-5 non-color breaking stress marks which must have occured while it was picked up and put back into the boxes over the years.

The white cover seems to make it pretty hard to notice and I can't seem to get them to come up in photos but if you look closely at them you can see the stress marks.

I love this cover and wanted to know what the possible grade would be if everything else was perfect, 9.4 or so?

I want to get this slabbed for my personal collection but also want to see if it is worth sending it off to CGC or rather buying one with a similar grade from ebay.

I'd think the size of them would be a factor , i.e, are they small enough to be considered imperceptible?  Sometimes if you take a scan of the comic, the light can reflect off it and it may show like a color breaking crease.  Makes it a little easier to gauge the size of it.   I'd think you'd have a shot at a 9.4 if all you have are 4-5 tiny NCBs

Take as good as you can pics/scans and put them on the 'Spare A Grade' forum.  You never know what else other eyes may pick up on, especially if you're considering submitting it.