• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interest in some mutant titles?

39 posts in this topic

Hey, everybody! I don't make it over here much anymore because I feel that since I am no longer active in the comics "world", I don't have much to contribute so I stay in the Water Cooler mostly, BUT - I have need of all you guys & gals expertise. I am curious if there is still interest in the older X-Men titles that are now defunct, mainly the original Uncanny X-Men, the second X-Men title that I call "adjectiveless" X-Men (even though the original 1963 title was adjectiveless for many, many years, we all now know it as Uncanny), and the first Wolverine series. I am sure that Uncanny 266 is still popular because of Gambit, things like that, but as a whole, are the titles still strong in the back-issue world? Are there any new developments in any of those issues that have come to light? For example, Uncanny 317 or 318 (memory fails me at the moment) later took off due to Blink's 1st appearance, and similar to NM98 with Deadpool, things like that.

FTR, my Uncanny run spans (for the most part) from around 200 to 472, "adjectiveless" goes from 1 to around 180, and from around 45 to the end (183?) for Wolverine (first full series).

I am obviously looking to sell these soon, so there is the honest reason for my interest. I was planning on 5- or 10-issue runs to sell on eBay, but that option is no longer viable so I am wondering/hoping I can sell them just a couple of lots on craigslist and not lose my shirt.

Thanks for your time reading this, and I appreciate any advice.

:)

-slym

I am sure there is always interest in certain titles, as for popularity I dont think anything will go up in value crazily until MCU probably releases a movie so the movie hype pricing isn't quite at its peak I think (could be wrong). but I think there is a slightly more interest In knowing that Disney has the rights.

45 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Hey, everybody! I don't make it over here much anymore because I feel that since I am no longer active in the comics "world", I don't have much to contribute so I stay in the Water Cooler mostly, BUT - I have need of all you guys & gals expertise. I am curious if there is still interest in the older X-Men titles that are now defunct, mainly the original Uncanny X-Men, the second X-Men title that I call "adjectiveless" X-Men (even though the original 1963 title was adjectiveless for many, many years, we all now know it as Uncanny), and the first Wolverine series. I am sure that Uncanny 266 is still popular because of Gambit, things like that, but as a whole, are the titles still strong in the back-issue world? Are there any new developments in any of those issues that have come to light? For example, Uncanny 317 or 318 (memory fails me at the moment) later took off due to Blink's 1st appearance, and similar to NM98 with Deadpool, things like that.

FTR, my Uncanny run spans (for the most part) from around 200 to 472, "adjectiveless" goes from 1 to around 180, and from around 45 to the end (183?) for Wolverine (first full series).

I am obviously looking to sell these soon, so there is the honest reason for my interest. I was planning on 5- or 10-issue runs to sell on eBay, but that option is no longer viable so I am wondering/hoping I can sell them just a couple of lots on craigslist and not lose my shirt.

Thanks for your time reading this, and I appreciate any advice.

:)

-slym

Hi

Glad to see you in these parts

:foryou:

-Holly

Hey Slym! Good to see you in CG again.

X-titles flat-lined for quite a while, but with the X-Men now being available to the MCU, and strong fan reaction to the current House/Powers of X series, X-Men are heating up again for sure. Speculators are gobbling up the bronze and copper stuff in anticipation of future movies, and the new Hickman book is stirring reader interest in second and third string characters like Nimrod, Moira McTaggart, Mr Sinister, etc. UXM 266/Gambit was red hot for a while when it seemed like a movie was imminent, then it cooled off when the movie was delayed, and now it seems to be picking back up a little. So, you have speculators AND readers X-cited about X-Men again, which is a good thing if you're looking to sell!

So, the short answer is yeah, I think you can sell your X-men now, much better than you could have a year or so ago. I don't follow the modern market very closely, but I'm sure there are others who can point out the individual hot books. Good luck!