• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WILL PAY $250K for Original Art Cover to ASM # 39

38 posts in this topic

I understand through my sources that the original cover art for this issue is presently located at:

c/o R. J. Atimor

7 Portland Place

3rd Floor

London

W1B 1PP, England

If this information is correct, please send your finders' fee to the following address via wire:

divadrabnud's Anstalt

FL-9480 Vaduz, Meierhofstrasse 12

Liechtenstein

Telefon: ++413 237 06 03

Telefax: ++413 237 06 63

The Professor strikes again!!!!!!!!!! frustrated.gif

I understand through my sources that the original cover art for this issue is presently located at:

c/o R. J. Atimor

7 Portland Place

3rd Floor

London

W1B 1PP, England

If this information is correct, please send your finders' fee to the following address via wire:

divadrabnud's Anstalt

FL-9480 Vaduz, Meierhofstrasse 12

Liechtenstein

Telefon: ++413 237 06 03

Telefax: ++413 237 06 63

I need a contact numer so that I can communicate. Can you put me in touch with R.J. Atimor.

If I end up acquiring the piece,..you get the $$$

I'm sure Diva won't mind if you deduct the directory assistance fee for finding Atimor's number from his finder fee....or maybe jsut the postage stamp fee to mail him a letter insane.gif

How about the artwork for the Marvel subscriptions during the 80s of the same image. Or the same image with the Goblin in a santa hat and bag with the rope turned into holly. I loved how happy the tied up Spiderman was pushing the subscriptions. Anybody have a scan of those interiors, I always appreciated the reference to issue 39 - also my personal favorite.

The only comparible cover piece would be Spectacular Spiderman 2 magazine painted cover or the original art for the 1969 Marvelmania poster of Spiderman with both the Goblin and Doc Ock. Where's the OA for those two?

I'll throw in Spiderman #2, 23, 28, 33 98 and 129 as comparible icon covers.

How about the artwork for the Marvel subscriptions during the 80s of the same image. Or the same image with the Goblin in a santa hat and bag with the rope turned into holly. I loved how happy the tied up Spiderman was pushing the subscriptions. Anybody have a scan of those interiors, I always appreciated the reference to issue 39 - also my personal favorite.

The only comparible cover piece would be Spectacular Spiderman 2 magazine painted cover or the original art for the 1969 Marvelmania poster of Spiderman with both the Goblin and Doc Ock. Where's the OA for those two?

I'll throw in Spiderman #2, 23, 28, 33 98 and 129 as comparible icon covers.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=30255&GSub=3880&GCat=0&UCat=0

OWNED BY A MR. GLENN BRUNSWICK...BOUGHT AT HERITAGE ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO FOR $70k !!!!

Why not just strike a deal for the Marvel Comics #1 Pay Copy instead.

Because the Marvel # 1 Pay Copy is imho not that great a deal at $300K. The ASM #39 is hands down one of the most iconic images in Silver Age Comics. I question whether Marvel # 1 will always be relevant, Kinda like 'All-Star Comics' # 1,...really,..who cares ? The key is that a Major Super Hero be linked with book/ art,....in the end,...Marvel # 1 is merely the flavour of the month comic book.

Because the Marvel # 1 Pay Copy is imho not that great a deal at $300K. The ASM #39 is hands down one of the most iconic images in Silver Age Comics. I question whether Marvel # 1 will always be relevant, Kinda like 'All-Star Comics' # 1,...really,..who cares ? The key is that a Major Super Hero be linked with book/ art,....in the end,...Marvel # 1 is merely the flavour of the month comic book.

Well first off I'm sure you could get it for less than $300K. Secondly, I don't think I have ever heard anyone call it "the flavour of the month" before or question whether it will always be relevant. screwy.gif Sorry but that statement is so laughable I don't even know if I should take anything you say going forward seriously. foreheadslap.gif It is considered to be the #3 most valuable book of all-time, are you worried it will somehow drop out of the top 10? insane.gif

Where have you been for the past 65 years? makepoint.gif

Wow. $300k. That's...a house. A.......nice house. I hope everything works out for you though. Certainly would be cool to keep in my bank vault. But I really don't see how Marvel #1 is a flavor of the month book. Really...I don't see how All-Star Comics #1 is either. Both of those books are always being sought after even while costing into the hundreds of thousands. When refering to comics I'd say both of those books are flavors of the century.

Marvel #1 is a flavour of the month comic book. Yeah, you're right, I have at least a dozen of these laying around. Came with the Wizard, I believe.

You're a dope.

Marvel #1 is a flavour of the month comic book. Yeah, you're right, I have at least a dozen of these laying around. Came with the Wizard, I believe.

You're a dope.

NO,..you're a dope !!!!

893blahblah.gif