• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 2
5 5

353 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

They were pretty harsh. I would imagine, on a resub, you could get a 5,0 or even 5.5, depending on flaws that can't be seen. If all the interior pages are affected....that's probably the issue, which can't be seen in the scan.

In which case, we'd have had to just guess because otherwise the staining got a pretty dang harsh grade. C'est la vie! 

Ugh and double Ugh.  I went 4.0 and 3.0.  The Wings looked like a 7.0 so I dropped it 1 for the dust shadow and 2 for the top edge tearing.  The Cap looked like a 5.0/5.5 and I dropped it two grades for the huge stain.  I guess this year will be exactly like the last few years - not good.

13 hours ago, Harry Lime said:

I was well off on the Cap but with the black front cover it was hard to see if the staining went through the book which I think must have been the case to get a 4.0.

I went thru the same mental gyrations and magnifying image like crazy.

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Nice, start gearing up for Dr. X's Holiday thread ...  you will need the mental concentration for that game too. 

Best strategy for that competition is just keep posting :takeit:repeatedly.