• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When did restoration become a thing?

12 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Gaard said:

I've had this book since the early 80s. Because of that, I thought for sure it'd come back Universal.

How do you feel about the book now Gaard?

Well, I guess I was waaaay off in thinking comic restoration was a fairly (20 years) new thing.

How do I feel about it now? I think it's a cool looking book. I think it'd look cooler with a blue label.  I think between being raw & having a purple label, it'd look better raw, so I'll probably remove it from the slab & put it in mylar.

30 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Well, I guess I was waaaay off in thinking comic restoration was a fairly (20 years) new thing.

How do I feel about it now? I think it's a cool looking book. I think it'd look cooler with a blue label.  I think between being raw & having a purple label, it'd look better raw, so I'll probably remove it from the slab & put it in mylar.

(thumbsu

43 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Even cooler to be able to look inside! :cloud9:

Sorry about the bad news,after having it for so long,hope,you still love it.

Sounds like the ct and small piece fill are in the same place, and could probably be removed with little to no impact on the grade. Either way it's still a very desirable book, and worth multiples of what you likely paid. My guess is even if the resto had been disclosed when you bought it, it wouldn't have impacted the price much, if at all, given the grade.