• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 6
5 5

353 posts in this topic

Just now, flashlites said:

Let's see if I do the math at 3 to 4 points a round......aww jeeze!!!:censored:

:cry:

:roflmao:

And to think I actually hit double bullseyes this round based on the masterful emoji mind game by the 2 hosts.  I hadn’t received a ^^  with a :applause: before, even  though I got a bullseye previously.  I honestly thought I had done the impossible. But instead I got the :boo:  Well played sirs.  Thank god this cat has nine lives and I’ll sharpen my claws for round seven.

47007163-C9FC-46E0-A6F3-CF9D21270463.png

1 minute ago, flashlites said:

Let's see if I do the math at 3 to 4 points a round......aww jeeze!!!:censored:

Maybe try that new Common Core math!! :idea:

26 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Just so you guys know, I was expecting a CGC 3.0 or maybe 3.5 on that All-American.  Never would have dreamed it would be a 4.0 or better. lol  

You used a book you knew got a gift grade just to further twist us into pretzels, didn't you.  hm  :sumo:

Just now, speedcake said:

You used a book you knew got a gift grade just to further twist us into pretzels, didn't you.  hm  :sumo:

These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

29 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Just so you guys know, I was expecting a CGC 3.0 or maybe 3.5 on that All-American.  Never would have dreamed it would be a 4.0 or better. lol  

So in other words, this is a contest to see who can make as many of the same mistakes that CGC does. lol

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
38 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

So, everyone who guessed 3.5 gets a couple of bonus points, yeah...?

If Andy had added a note "gift grade" I would guess that half of us would have said to ourselves:  well, gee, that means either a 3.5 or 4.0.

6 minutes ago, grebal said:

If Andy had added a note "gift grade" I would guess that half of us would have said to ourselves:  well, gee, that means either a 3.5 or 4.0.

Just assume all books are gift grades. lol 

:jokealert: 

7 minutes ago, grebal said:
11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
46 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

So, everyone who guessed 3.5 gets a couple of bonus points, yeah...?

That's a pretty standard 3.0 copy, and with the Golden bump, I gave it a 3.5. Good thing I did. ;) 

[CGC grading office, Friday 4:59 pm]

Grader 1: OK, last book for today is this All-American #89. It's got a heavy spine roll with fanned pages, four or five creases across the front, missing corner chips on both sides, staple tears, spine tears...

Grader 2: Easy, it's a classic 3.5 to me. Outta here!

Grader 1: I was thinking 3.0, but sure, I can live with 3.5. (putting on jacket)

Head Grader: Hey, real bad news guys, I just spilled my soda all over the back of the book, the entire back cover is stained through. Looks like we're gonna need to stay and regrade this one.

Grader 1: Um...

Grader 2: Uh...

Head Grader: I'm thinking it's a 4.5, you guys cool with that?

Grader 1: We were just saying...

Grader 2 (putting on jacket) : ...totally a 4.5, done deal. Have a great weekend dude!

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

[CGC grading office, Friday 4:59 pm]

Grader 1: OK, last book for today is this All-American #89. It's got a heavy spine roll with fanned pages, four or five creases across the front, missing corner chips on both sides, staple tears, spine tears...

Grader 2: Easy, it's a classic 3.5 to me. Outta here!

Grader 1: I was thinking 3.0, but sure, I can live with 3.5. (putting on jacket)

Head Grader: Hey, real bad news guys, I just spilled my soda all over the back of the book, the entire back cover is stained through. Looks like we're gonna need to stay and regrade this one.

Grader 1: Um...

Grader 2: Uh...

Head Grader: I'm thinking it's a 4.5, you guys cool with that?

Grader 1: We were just saying...

Grader 2 (putting on jacket) : ...totally a 4.5, done deal. Have a great weekend dude!

We need to do more of these vignettes...

Maybe with actual graders' names....

:whistle: