• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Staple Back Cover Detached

5 posts in this topic

So I’m looking at upgrading a silver age marvel key from a 5.0 to a 6.0 but the notes in the 6.0 indicate a detached top staple. The book was graded over 10 years ago . 

Visually the book looks great and I’m happy with the deal - I’m losing in price but not by much

I’m wondering:

1)How much does this bug the everyone else?

2) Can it still get a 6.0 with that defect based on current grading standards?

Edited by c_mkv

30 minutes ago, c_mkv said:

So I’m looking at upgrading a silver age marvel key from a 5.0 to a 6.0 but the notes in the 6.0 indicate a detached top staple. The book was graded over 10 years ago . 

Visually the book looks great and I’m happy with the deal - I’m losing in price but not by much

I’m wondering:

1)How much does this bug the everyone else?

2) Can it still get a 6.0 with that defect based on current grading standards?

1) To clarify, are you saying the cover is detached from the top staple, or is there some other form of detachment? Either way, I'm personally not a big fan of any type of staple detachment or other staple problems...it's a deal breaker for me.

2) Yes, it can still get a 6.0 with that type of defect...  :foryou:

1 minute ago, c_mkv said:

I can’t tell from my photos but the notes indicate the back cover is detached from the top staple. I interpret this as the front cover is still attached but the rear is loose. 

You are correct, and it actually happens quite often. But you have to decide if it's something you can live with...  hm