• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Round 2.........let the punishment begin!

43 posts in this topic

I wonder if he learned his lesson in the value of sniping....

You know the sad thing may very well be that this Green sap is completely oblivious to this whole thing! he may think "I had some tough fights in the last round of auctions, but I licked em all and got some great comics!" Can he change his ebay name to "whippinboy"?

Someone want to clue me in to the apparent inside joke? I just bid on some of these auctions but I want to avoid getting taken...looks like a reputable seller.

Basically, Jgreen apparantly has bottomless pockets and if Jgreen wants something, the bidding is gonna hurt.

I didn't check the lots from the previous showcase auctions as the bids were sky high before I noticed them. Is this set of auctions for better books or did all the good stuff get snaped up by Mr. Green last time?

I don't really see anything other than common books in these auctions.

From late 2000:

Spidey 12 VF/NM, in reality a 7.5/8.0

Spidey 18 VF/NM, in reality a restored 7.5/8.0

Spidey 36 VF/NM, well-graded

Spidey 95 VF/NM, well-graded

Spidey 99 VF/NM, well-graded

Spidey 100 VF/NM, well-graded

Spidey 102 VF/NM, well-graded

Is this set of auctions for better books or did all the good stuff get snaped up by Mr. Green last time?

Neither. It's alphabetical; last week were the A-L titles, and this week is M-Z. So this is just the second half of this bronze/modern collection(With a few silvers for good measure wink.gif ).

anyone have recent firsthand experience with Showcase new England's grading accuracy?

Not for a while. They did tend to overgrade but the main issue is their insistence to send books via UPS, which is very inconvenient for me! frown.gif

I've bought a bunch of similar books years ago from Dan. He has shown a talent for finding these later Bronze/80s single-owner collections that were well-taken care of. So these books may be as nice as advertised. Of course IMO thats still no reason JGreen should have gotten so excited last round. I was less impressed with his grading of Silver age stuff however.