• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Round 2.........let the punishment begin!

43 posts in this topic

I've got a pretty good eye for pics, and I can tell that the grades are haphazard at best. You can see it in the CGC books from the same lot; som e9.4's, some 9.0's.

But the raw books are all 9.4/9.6.... Yeah right.

Check out that Marvel Two-in-One 1-10 lot and tell me that's a NM comic.

Hey POV. I got some DC's a couple of weeks back. Of the 6 I bought 5 were in my opinion fairly graded and the other 1 was overgraded by about .5. I only bid prices a full grade under what they said so I wasn't dissapointed.

There is a neg on his recent feedback about poor grading.

Any guesses as to the outcome this time? Think JGreen will be back?

He's cleaning house again...as a sniper this time around! Guess he learned his lesson last time out.

Gene

There ya' see, I had nothing to do with it. And even if I did, I'd be glad I helped out a fellow collector. Isn't that what these forums are all about? "Cause if I read between the lines of "I blame nina for this guy's excessive sniperisms" you can't possibly be saying nina should never have invited JGreen to these threads so other bidders could continue preying on this sucker.

I'd like to give you an opportunity to explain what you meant by that remark, "cause on the surface, it doesnt' flatter you.

Well since you can blame everyone else for what "happened" to this guy last time, I figured I would put my moral foot forward too. Someone always has to be to blame for someone else's actions you know - you seemed to be the logical choice. So maybe you should pay attention to this - whether the guy bid early and got "punished" or bid late as a sniper he paid asinine prices for stupid books. Blame SNE for lsiting the stuff, blame ebay, blame the computer maker for being in on the conspiracy, but don't blame Green of course. I could give a [!@#%^&^] less whether or not you contacted him - I would love to know what he is up to blowing all this $$$ on seemingly garbage books. if he know s something we don't - I want to know! With all that money maybe he could come across with a low interest loan?

Looking at JGreens recent more careful purchases...I think hes just a new comic collector. He sees full runs of (apparently) high grade Marvels from as yet un-ripened age...and decides to fill out a collection all at once cause he has the bucks. He's sees the incredible prices lately and is CONFIDENT jumping in now with all he's seen eeven if he has to "overpay" a bit for the 'best stuff'....

We think he's uninformed...he just doesnt know it yet.

But he's having fun...so far.

Hey POV. I got some DC's a couple of weeks back. Of the 6 I bought 5 were in my opinion fairly graded and the other 1 was overgraded by about .5. I only bid prices a full grade under what they said so I wasn't dissapointed.

Thanks Mushroom! Sorry for late response. Miised this reply!