• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Run on Heritage

77 posts in this topic

Richie Evans (Bedrock City) is my guess -- he certainly had this type of collection at one time and I know he's got other books in the auction.

j.p owns the 8.5 marvel 1 white rose copy

Thanks action1kid. thumbsup2.gif

So yet again, the buyer of a six-figure GA book during the last 3+ years turns out to be JP. Has any six-figure GA sale during this period been to anyone besides JP?!

yes,there are a few 6 figure purchases besides j.p over the last 3 years,

the white rose action 1...120k

allentown tec 38..which jp recently sold 120k plus

all star 3 mile high 120k plus

these are just a few of the documented ones,,jp owns none of these books currently

and there are sales [6 figure] that havnt been published....not all sales of course are published..

let me take back the mile high all star 3....i cannot say jp dosnt own it, but i can confirm that jp never owned the white rose action 1 ,he did own the allentown tec 38 but broke even on its sale and someone else bought it from him[via heritage for 120 plus]

Marvel Comics #1 CGC 8.5 in August auction is from Denver pedigree.

"White Rose" copy is a non-pedigree copy originally graded as 8.5 now upgraded to 9.0

Both have been for sale in JP's website.

Arty, have you reviewed the current Heritage catalogue and compared the Mile High grades now to what they might have previously been?

Add the Adventure #72 as having been changed from 9.6 (June 2003) to 9.8 (current).

Why mess with Mile Highs! frown.gif

so jp owns the denver,white rose and pay copies of marvel 1...do i have it right?

Yep smile.gif

Arty, have you reviewed the current Heritage catalogue and compared the Mile High grades now to what they might have previously been?

Add the Adventure #72 as having been changed from 9.6 (June 2003) to 9.8 (current).

Adventure #72 has been on my list for months since it was pictured in CGC-gallery. cool.gif

I haven't reviewed current Heritage catalogue yet. I'm not expecting anything dramatic since most of then are JP's and already on my list.

Btw... this auction has the biggest batch of Tom Reilly/San Francisco's I have ever seen. All of them seem to be "new" material unlike Church copies.

so jp owns the denver,white rose and pay copies of marvel 1...do i have it right?

I seem to recall that JP had three high grade copies on his website, the Pay Copy and another 9.0 copy and I believe the 8.5 copy? I have asked this question before but I'm not sure I got an answer to it. Wouldn't a high grade October copy be worth way, way more than a similar grade November print? Just seems to me that the October version is the original and I still haven't seen another October copy for sale in the last two years other than the Nic Cage one that Metro has.

Just went through Heritage's archives and of the 8 or so copies that have sold they are all November prints. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why mess with Mile Highs!

Not every upgrade is attributable to pressing (which I believe you were implying).

Think of it this way. If 1 out of every ten books CGC grades is possibly undergraded, then there might be 50,000-60,000 undergraded CGC books.

That's with no manipulation being done to the book.

And I have to believe that 10% of all books have the three graders give different grades, with at least one being higher then the final grade. Even if it's only 1 out of every 20, then there could still be 25,000 undergraded books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif