• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

anything by DC with a word balloon on it from, oh, 1950 until 1966 or so, as long as Murphy Anderson, Gil Kane, Nick Cardy or Joe Kubert weren't involved. i might have left off an artist or two

Don't have a scan,but the one that comes to mind is Barry Smiths cover of the Ultron Imperitive one shot.I don't know where this cover sketch came from,but it never should have seen the light of day.

Obviously some of the 80s indies had really hideous covers,but this is Barry Windsor Smith,for cripes sake.

For a truly scary 80s indie covercheck out Solsons How to Draw Comics cover featuring Gary Brodsky himself.

Ultimate Team-Up - 9

What a POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me of that crappy justice league of america cartoon network art. (if you can even call it that)

frustrated.gif [embarrasing lack of self control] [embarrasing lack of self control] [embarrasing lack of self control]

I remember standing there....14 years old.....and wondering if Kirby had suffered a stroke. The fact that this cover was sandwiched between Steranko's trio of brilliant X-Men covers and the run of covers that Adams did shortly afterwards, hasn't made this one age gracefully.

A very unfortunate choice of pose for Cyclops there.....

uxmen053.jpg

Those "huge characters yelling" covers were popular in the 90's. Here's another one, althought Keown can be forgiven as it was the final Hulk cover he tossed off before leaving the book and Marvel.

41319167562.398.gif

The Silver Surfer run that started in 1987 had some great stories and some great art, but it also had some lousy art (or, at least art that wasn't my preference - I'll say it that way).

Most of the time you got the Surfer looking like this:

3433_4_0036.jpg

And then sometimes you got...this:

3433_4_0014.jpg

Yeah, just not my preference. Here's another style that I really hate. Again, just not my preference. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but this art kept me from even TRYING to get any of these issues. I just can't get past the artwork.

10987_4_002.jpg