• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #40
3 3

17 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

CGC 6.5 not sure if i would grade it as the page quality looks cream-ish in the photo you provided

Yeah when I was taking the pics they looked darker than I remembered. If I do get it graded I hope the pages are off-white. Thank you for the input!

Got back the book from CGC last night, I did not expect the book to be restored though I’m still happy with the results. The following grader’s notes are as follows: 

light creasing to cover
small amount of color touch on top & right top front cover
spine stress lines breaks color
very light wear to cover
very small chip out top of front cover
very small tear with crease right top of back cover 

This is the first time I’ve gotten a book graded restored back, though I’m glad it’s only limited to just the color touch on the cover. I did not notice them at all before sending it in. After this I’m getting myself a black flashlight to try to avoid the problem in the future. I’ll take it as a learning experience, still happy with the results! Thank you to everyone that commented, and hope you all are doing well!

CE65433E-D23A-4A9B-A9E1-3F29ABF92C7A.jpeg

460DB22B-D125-4112-A30A-0E6687FC6098.jpeg

Edited by BigDaddy1