• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC gave me a 9.8-is it a mistake? Should I return?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

Just received them.  

The #32 looks amazing.  Bought the book for $23 plus pressing ($35)/grading($37)/shipping about $20 both ways) = $115.  Other rare Where Monster Dwell 9.8's have sold over 1K on Clink auctions. There are now 2 WMD #32 9.8's.  If I were to sell this I think I could get a minimum of $500 for it.

The #15 I can see the issues, so it was a bust.  I spent about $145 (with pressing/grading/shipping).

Total spent $260.  All said and done, it was a win with the #32 coming back as a 9.8!

4 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Just received them.  

The #32 looks amazing.  Bought the book for $23 plus pressing ($35)/grading($37)/shipping about $20 both ways) = $115.  Other rare Where Monster Dwell 9.8's have sold over 1K on Clink auctions. There are now 2 WMD #32 9.8's.  If I were to sell this I think I could get a minimum of $500 for it.

The #15 I can see the issues, so it was a bust.  I spent about $145 (with pressing/grading/shipping).

Total spent $260.  All said and done, it was a win with the #32 coming back as a 9.8!

Put it up on ebay for $1000 then sit back and wait.  @Buzzetta will confirm that it will eventually sell for that if you are patient.  There's some WMD 9.8 collector that has just been waiting for this baby.  Or there will be.

5 hours ago, kav said:

Put it up on ebay for $1000 then sit back and wait.  @Buzzetta will confirm that it will eventually sell for that if you are patient.  There's some WMD 9.8 collector that has just been waiting for this baby.  Or there will be.

lol I dunno about $1,000... 

But who would have thought that once dollar bin fodder Godzilla books would command $250 each in a 9.8 holder?  There is a collector for every item it seems... 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

But who would have thought that once dollar bin fodder Godzilla books would command $250 each in a 9.8 holder?  There is a collector for every item it seems... 

Buzz you read my mind.  The Godzilla books were exactly what I had in mind when I posted.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Ha! It's a stretch I know but a #14 9.6 sold for $1300 and a #17 9.8 sold for $1100 a few months back on a Clink auction.

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

Ha! It's a stretch I know but a #14 9.6 sold for $1300 and a #17 9.8 sold for $1100 a few months back on a Clink auction.

Dont be like me and list something I thought would be hard to sell at $300 BIN and it was snapped up immediately-