• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your LCS Holliday Sales 2019 (my LCS celebrating 30 years!)

59 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2019 at 3:36 PM, revat said:

I'm interested! but it doesn't look like any of my LCS has announced their holiday sales yet.  One of them had a Halloween sale that I didn't go to.

One of them is under new ownership according to their facebook page, and I was hoping for some sort of related sale/discounts, but so far no dice.

Before it fades into obscurity again (this thread) any sales now? Or yet?

8 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Black Friday has started to become a thing here for the past 2 years or so, I won't complain, money saved is always a good thing haha.

HHc6GzZ.jpg

Hope it turns out well for you, all my sales, I went to check them out, but ended up paying for full price items lol

Depends on what they have "in", so I don't mind :)

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, revat said:

I'm interested! but it doesn't look like any of my LCS has announced their holiday sales yet.  One of them had a Halloween sale that I didn't go to.

One of them is under new ownership according to their facebook page, and I was hoping for some sort of related sale/discounts, but so far no dice.

Before it fades into obscurity again (this thread) any sales now? Or yet?

The new store has completely transitioned.  No sales to speak of.  They did re-organize a bit on the interior, it looks better.

I did get an email saying Metropolis is having a black Friday sale, I think 15%?  People can check that out if its' their thing.  Also I think ebay is doing ebay bucks 8-10% again.

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

My local is doing 40% off graphic novels and the first 50 people in line get a $10 gift card. Opens at 6am on Friday. I do this every year...I get there a little after 4 am. B|

Wow! 6am is impressive! Are they usually well stocked?

On 11/16/2019 at 2:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This LCS for me is doing its first ever Black Friday, but it's a bit of a drive.... great Chinese food restaurant near there though, after Thanksgiving I'll pass though lol

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:
53 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow! 6am is impressive! Are they usually well stocked?

It’s no honey hole full of OOP books but definetely some goodies. 

I live in a big city, I'm ashamed to say that I only visit 1 or 2 LCS but there is 1 other online who has live sales via Facebook that uses it to sell, payments made via PayPal and save on the tax.

They probably have an awesome store, from what they show via Facebook live, but I'm either too lazy or don't want to do a long drive (big city) to check out all the shops lol

1 minute ago, wombat said:

My LCS opens at midnight for Black Friday. Usually at least 50% off everything in store. Employees walk around drinking. Its a pretty good time. I've got my eye on a few things. 

That's what I'm talking about! :whee:

Hope that you get your picks! :headbang:

Duncanville bookstore 

Our Black Friday Sale will be Buy 2 Get 1 FREE. A few things to note: - This sale will include all key issues under $100 - The sale includes our back issue boxes, $1, $2, & $5 comics, trades, action figures, statues, bags boards & boxes, Funko Pops, & more. - We will be open 10am to 7pm each day. - Free item must be of equal or lesser value of all items purchased. - Discounts cannot be combined with this offer. - Items not included are: pull-list items, special orders, layaways, comics over $100, new comics (within last 2 weeks), & already discounted items (including 25% & 50% off items). - We can be bribed with Thanksgiving leftovers 😁