• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

marvel limited labels
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on the marvel limited labels.Do you think they hurt the value.i'm sending in a few and my thinking was not on keys but on minor keys like ASM#316 handicap #180. it might look nice with a venom or a ca label.

any thoughts?

My two cents:  Of course lots of buyers won't care either way, but this is a pretty OCD hobby and IMHO the entire label gimmick seems designed to encourage OCD types to put entire runs or large parts of their collections into the slabs for a shared look across a collection.  If you're buying to hold long term, and you love the custom labels, this could be really nice.  But for everyone who would love to see their whole collection with the custom labels, there are other collectors (like me) for whom a custom label would stick out like a sore thumb if inserted into the runs I'm assembling.  It certainly wouldn't make me not buy a book, but it would make me at least consider reholdering the book with a standard label.  But that's just my own personal OCD talking.

So in short, if I'm buying a run-filler that's in plentiful supply, the hassle (and $15 + shipping) to reholder a book might make me choose a different copy to buy, but if it's an expensive or rare book then I'm not going to hesitate to pay full price and worry about labels later.

Hope that helps.