• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Two nice GA bondage covers - Rangers 21 and The Saint 1 (Kamen)

5 posts in this topic

Both are sold - thank you.

Rangers Comics #21 (Feb 1945)

$3500

CGC 8.5, white pages
Fiction House
Lost Valley copy

First appearance of Firehair.

Cover art is Joe Doolin (I think). A stalwart soldier is saving the about-to-be-beheaded brunette, while in the background GIs are storming some walled compound (or something).

Anyway, a great cover.  "The Nipponese Temple of Swinging Death"
Fiction House, high-grade, WW2 theme, bondage, white pages -- a pretty good combo IMO.

And just a few months ago (may 2019) the 9.2 copy sold on Heritage for $6300.  That's an interesting data point.

There are 28 blue-label copies in the census.
Census data on this book, for the copies 8.0 and above:
9.2 - 1
9.0 - none
8.5 - 3
8.0 - 4

The other two 8.5 copies are the Crippen "D" copy and the Big Apple copy.
I think that's another thing in this book's favor, there just aren't that many high-grade copies out there.

And let's not forget Firehair!

Rangers 21 is the first appearance of Firehair! A take-charge gal of the old west.

Lynn Cabot is with her father and some others in a wagon train (and for some reason they have a load of rifles).  They're attacked by (perhaps fake?) Indians and everyone but Lynn is killed. Oh NO!  Golly gee.  I wonder what will happen next?

Firehair turned out to be sorta/kinda popular - she was in the next 40+ issues. And Rangers, starting with issue #40, started featuring her on the cover. She also had an 11-issue run under her own title a few years later.

rangers_21.thumb.jpg.338fb89792e3cb7b5ced2fedd2bec5ac.jpg

The Saint #1 (Aug 1947)

Sold

Edited by gozer

14 minutes ago, gozer said:

Two nice GA books for your approval.

Rangers Comics #21
The Saint #1

Would prefer payment via check.

I'll pay shipping/insurance inside USA. Foreign buyers, let's talk.

Books are returnable, must notify me within a few days, and you pay
return postage (and please pack them as well as I do).

These are all the pictures I have for now.  But can take more if needed.

Thanks for looking.

$3500

CGC 8.5, white pages
Fiction House
Lost Valley copy

Cover art is Joe Doolin (I think). A stalwart soldier is saving the about-to-be-beheaded brunette, while in the background GIs are storming some walled compound (or something).

Fiction House, high-grade, WW2 theme, bondage, white pages -- a pretty good combo IMO.

And just a few months ago (may 2019) the 9.2 copy sold on Heritage for $6300.  That's an interesting data point.

9.2 - 1
9.0 - none
8.5 - 3
8.0 - 4

I think that's another thing in this book's favor, there just aren't that many high-grade copies out there.

Rangers 21 is the first appearance of Firehair! A take-charge gal of the old west.

Lynn Cabot is with her father and some others in a wagon train (and for some reason they have a load of rifles).  They're attacked by (perhaps fake?) Indians and everyone but Lynn is killed. Oh NO!  Golly gee.  I wonder what will happen next?

Firehair turned out to be sorta/kinda popular - she was in the next 40+ issues. And Rangers, starting with issue #40, started featuring her on the cover. She also had an 11-issue run under her own title a few years later.

The Saint #1 (Aug 1947)
CGC 8.5, off-white pages
Avon
Jack Kamen cover art.

$1300

Leslie Charteris created Simon Templar in the 1920s.  Although some of the police consider him a criminal, he mostly helps those in need.  But the Saint has not lasted all that well in popular culture.  Sure, Roger Moore and Val Kilmer, but sort of meh.

But this cover ... hubba hubba.  [insert Tex Avery wolf whistle]
Blonde tied to a something-or-other, headlights, bright-red dress that's showing a lot of thigh.  And as required, the Saint (in tuxedo of course) is coming to the rescue.

There are 39 blue-label copies in the census. The top ones:

9.6 - 1
9.4 - 1
9.2 - none
9.0 - 4
8.5 - 3
8.0 - 4

There are a lot more high-grade copies out there than I had thought.

This pic came out a little dark.  IRL the red "pops" a bit more.

saint_1_mine.jpg.aa2bc3653939ec39c9e6bc61797546d8.jpg

take Saint!  thx

2 hours ago, gozer said:

Two nice GA books for your approval.

Rangers Comics #21
The Saint #1 (SOLD)

Would prefer payment via check.

I'll pay shipping/insurance inside USA. Foreign buyers, let's talk.

Books are returnable, must notify me within a few days, and you pay
return postage (and please pack them as well as I do).

These are all the pictures I have for now.  But can take more if needed.

Thanks for looking.

$3500

CGC 8.5, white pages
Fiction House
Lost Valley copy

9.2 - 1
9.0 - none
8.5 - 3
8.0 - 4

The Saint #1 (Aug 1947)

Sold

take Rangers #21 per PM!