• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,656 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

A misedit of a misedit.  That's rare.

variant!  L@@K!!!

14 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

The word "Hornhead " misspelled on the cover  of DD #131 , 

I've got this book in my collection. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that cover, and yet I never noticed that Bullseye was calling Daredevil "Horny Ad." 

Your post was a revelation, sir.

From Journey Into Mystery 120.

Thor breaks Mjolnir and needs to repair it.

So..... he needs to go to Nidavellir, right.

Nope.... apparently Pittsburgh is good enough.

:facepalm:

So why did he and Groot & Rocket have to go to Nidavellir...... they could have saved a lot of time by just going to Pittsburgh.

image0 (30).jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

So why did he and Groot & Rocket have to go to Nidavellir...... they could have saved a lot of time by just going to Pittsburgh.

image0 (30).jpeg

The steel mills were still operational in the 60-70’s...

28 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

image0 (30).jpeg

I submit if steel mill can melt Mjolnir back together pretty much any villain with a ray gun or whatever could demolish 'er.
Ps how did the steel workers know how long it takes for them?  They repair a lot of Uru mallets there?
Plus Ps:
"Uru is a godly metal forged in the furnaces of Nidavellir. It is purportedly so powerful that the only way to melt it down for forging is with the power and heat of a dying star."

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, wisbyron said:

kav if I could find a warehouse crate filled with these I would literally buy it and send everyone on the board one. I wonder if anyone still has this

:cloud9:

2 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

kav if I could find a warehouse crate filled with these I would literally buy it and send everyone on the board one. I wonder if anyone still has this

We are sending a team out to every warehouse in the country.  We can do this.  The truth is out there.

1 minute ago, kav said:

We are sending a team out to every warehouse in the country.  We can do this.  The truth is out there.

Yes! Teamwork! 

I was exposed to the existence of Gary Brodsky's "pay-to-play" comic scheme racket from the 1980s' on the Stupid Comics! blog and became fascinated but outside of a few things, there's not much about it in contemporary comics press which means he wasn't taken too seriously even though he had Rich Buckler. That 1980s' B&W boom was something I knew about in retrospect (I was a little kid in the Eighties though I did grab a few 80s' black and white books in 50 cent bins in the early 90s), but not to the extent of just what an actual "boom" it was for a very short time. If I ever come across some of these Solson books i might pick them up for train ride reading or something.

prot11.jpg

9 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Yes! Teamwork! 

I was exposed to the existence of Gary Brodsky's "pay-to-play" comic scheme racket from the 1980s' on the Stupid Comics! blog and became fascinated but outside of a few things, there's not much about it in contemporary comics press which means he wasn't taken too seriously even though he had Rich Buckler. That 1980s' B&W boom was something I knew about in retrospect (I was a little kid in the Eighties though I did grab a few 80s' black and white books in 50 cent bins in the early 90s), but not to the extent of just what an actual "boom" it was for a very short time. If I ever come across some of these Solson books i might pick them up for train ride reading or something.

prot11.jpg

In the 80s there was an ad for silver wolf comics need artists/writers.  I went in with portfolio.  Mr Silver assured me I could quit my job and kept repeating "I pay my artists".  When he had said that for about the fifth time I got a funny feeling.  I did not quit my job.  Some folks did use his company as a springboard, well Tim Vigil did.
https://www.mobys.ws/06/05/silverwolf-comics-why-would-anyone/

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, kav said:

In the 80s there was an ad for silver wolf comics need artists/writers.  I went in with portfolio.  Mr Silver assured me I could quit my job and kept repeating "I pay my artists".  When he had said that for about the fifth time I got a funny feeling.  I did not quit my job.  Some folks did use his company as a springboard, well Tim Vigil did.
https://www.mobys.ws/06/05/silverwolf-comics-why-would-anyone/

I am also fascinated by Silver Wolf, which was much more prolific a publisher. You were right to trust your instincts though.

1 minute ago, wisbyron said:

I am also fascinated by Silver Wolf, which was much more prolific a publisher. You were right to trust your instincts though.

When someone keeps saying "I'm honest-I'm a very honest person-boy am I honest" it just send up red flags, rockets, all kindsa ****.
I have no info on Mr Silver it's just is the way i roll when i hear someone talking like that.

1 minute ago, kav said:

When someone keeps saying "I'm honest-I'm a very honest person-boy am I honest" it just send up red flags, rockets, all kindsa ****.
I have no info on Mr Silver it's just is the way i roll when i hear someone talking like that.

No, I'm the same way. It's been my experience that the people that talk about what they do all the time (with little, if anything, to show for it), they're best to be avoided. Sometimes it's best to just do it.

32 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Sol Brodsky's son was a gift that gave. 

solson10.jpg

Is that supposed to be Reagan wearing the T?