• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Noobie question

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Like many first time submitters, I hesitated to send my books in because of a million little questions. But I just attended Baltimore Comic Con since I could hand them to a person which made me feel better. I dropped them off on Friday, picked them up on Sunday and was over the moon getting my first box of slabs. That said, I did have a problem with two books being placed in one another's slabs, a problem with CGC is fixing for me already so no worry there.

So what's my question?  Well, how long before the details (grades and grader's notes) show up on the CGC site?  Currently all of those fields are blank and if I try and add my books to a 3rd party site like GoCollect, it tells me the numbers are not valid.

Thanks in advance!

18 hours ago, Kaens said:

Hey guys,

Like many first time submitters, I hesitated to send my books in because of a million little questions. But I just attended Baltimore Comic Con since I could hand them to a person which made me feel better. I dropped them off on Friday, picked them up on Sunday and was over the moon getting my first box of slabs. That said, I did have a problem with two books being placed in one another's slabs, a problem with CGC is fixing for me already so no worry there.

So what's my question?  Well, how long before the details (grades and grader's notes) show up on the CGC site?  Currently all of those fields are blank and if I try and add my books to a 3rd party site like GoCollect, it tells me the numbers are not valid.

Thanks in advance!

I would probably contact CGC but it sounds like you did on site grading so I would give them a bit of time to update this, but doesn't hurt to ask CGC directly. 

Yes I did on site grading (mainly because I was nervous).  I have obviously heard all the horror of things taking 9 months so I didn't want to bug CGC when this is just the way it goes. I guess the onsite grading takes awhile to get updated? When I watch unboxing videos I see many people who already know the grades before they even open the boxes.

Thanks for the welcome @Krismusic!

1 hour ago, Kaens said:

Yes I did on site grading (mainly because I was nervous).  I have obviously heard all the horror of things taking 9 months so I didn't want to bug CGC when this is just the way it goes. I guess the onsite grading takes awhile to get updated? When I watch unboxing videos I see many people who already know the grades before they even open the boxes.

Thanks for the welcome @Krismusic!

yeah that's because they submitted it online with their accounts and probably waited a few months or whatever the current TAT's (turnaround times) are to get their books and before the books are shipped CGC will update the grades on your submission in your account before they ship them out. So you can check the grades if you submitted the books yourself with your account before they are even shipped back to you.

I wish we had On-site grading in Canada :( i would want to do some of my more fragile or valuable books there as I usually slab to protect them as I drop stuff easily. 

2 minutes ago, Kaens said:

Just to update everyone for future reference, it all showed up today.  So it showed up about 10 business days after the show. Now I have expectations for next time! ;)

Thanks for the update, that's good knowledge.