• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cgc 5.0 ow/w VS. 7.0 c/ow

8 posts in this topic

Let's say a mid-60s SA book with a fairly regular distribution, but not much in the way of 8.5 or above. Those sell for a big premium. Lots of copies on ebay, but tend to be 4.5 or less.

If, let's say, the 5.0 ow/w sold for $100, what might be a sensible price for the above 7.0 c/ow? I know, I know, every book is different. This is a semi-key.

No ebay sales data for cgc sales above 5.0. I guess GPA might help find some non-ebay data. But is there a typical ratio?

Edited by the blob

I mean it really does help to know the book. I would base it off raw sales in similar condition and then add $50-70 or so for the fact that it is slabbed.

So say 7.0 raws fetch $120-150. Bump it to around $200 and I think that would be a good starting point. 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Let's say a mid-60s SA book with a fairly regular distribution, but not much in the way of 8.5 or above. Those sell for a big premium. Lots of copies on ebay, but tend to be 4.5 or less.

If, let's say, the 5.0 ow/w sold for $100, what might be a sensible price for the above 7.0 c/ow? I know, I know, every book is different. This is a semi-key.

No ebay sales data for cgc sales above 5.0. I guess GPA might help find some non-ebay data. But is there a typical ratio?

if you wanted to think of it as a ratio mathematically I would do

100 \ 7 ( each grade tier from 0.5 - 5.0 include 1.8) = 14.28 so I would do 15$ per grade up lol (probably the worse way to do it) 

15  * 4 grades up = 60$ on top of the 100 so I would say 160 if you want to do it that way for a ratio. but I am guessing the higher the tier maybe you would want to put a price modifier in there of like say 10% per tier compounding. 

(too much math now I kind of give up) but maybe try something like that 

2x the 5.0 sale is what I am thinking of offering, but I think he is asking 3.2x. The price is reasonable compared to the other slabs for sale, but nothing is selling anywhere near ask. This is a book I am working on a minihoard on.

2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

if you wanted to think of it as a ratio mathematically I would do

100 \ 7 ( each grade tier from 0.5 - 5.0 include 1.8) = 14.28 so I would do 15$ per grade up lol (probably the worse way to do it) 

15  * 4 grades up = 60$ on top of the 100 so I would say 160 if you want to do it that way for a ratio. but I am guessing the higher the tier maybe you would want to put a price modifier in there of like say 10% per tier compounding. 

(too much math now I kind of give up) but maybe try something like that 

:ohnoez: 

14 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

:ohnoez: 

lol he wanted a way to think of mathematical way of making a ratio for pricing a book that has no previous pricing available this is what I thought of off the top of my head... lol