• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favorite superhero and why do you like them?
3 3

83 posts in this topic

Just now, NoMan said:

Quicksilver. I’m not sure why. 

He's a bit of an outsider-he switched allegiances to the good guys-he has strong bond with sister-he's a no BS kind of guy.

On 10/30/2019 at 7:29 PM, kav said:

Mine is Green Lantern.  He has the ability to make his thoughts real.  He was picked as the best example of his kind.  He is a galactic policeman, whose job it is to protect others.  He's a bit naive but good hearted.

The main reason for this thread is the why you like them-post several things if you would.  Don't just say "he's amazing" or something @THE_BEYONDER.

I'm seeking at least 4 reasons per superhero @Ken Aldred.

Power Girl

but I can only think of 2 reasons

My favourite is Spider-Man...he is amazing, spectacular, sensastional and web of.

Seriously though, his costume is the best. His name has the potential to be terrible but the combination of his origin and costume and abilities is perfect. I like how he started as a teen and has grown but I still connect with the fact he lost someone he loved as result of his actions (couple times actually) and always tries to ensure it never happens again. I also think his rogues gallery is unmatched. Most heroes have a small handful of key villains but I would argue Spidey has between 10-15 recognizable and formidable foes on a level that test him every time he fights them.  

Finally, as a young kid in the 90s, the cartoon on Fox was so much fun. And those are the web of reasons why it's Spidey for me. 

18 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

was this thread circumcised because of the Jewish remark?

another clipping now on the way.

Superheroes, I’d say Spider-Man for his morals, and real life problem, keeping his morals in check, and not turning to the Dark Side to 𝐅𝐢𝐱 his situation.. A+ Character...

However I am a fan of the Anti-heroes such as The Punisher, Think it’s a factor of my age growing up in the 70s & 80s with Charles Bronson in Deathwish & Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry among others. I enjoyed the movies with the factor of avenging innocents against the wrong doings of evil people getting what they deserved. Also the fact  that my first comic ever picked up was ASM #129 surely comes in to play somewhere in my process. (thumbsu

Edited by nepatkm