• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

Kind of like with the dozen or so movies with Superman or Batman in the title, releasing movies entitled Man of Steel or Dark Knight work because people know who we’re talking about by now.

I think the same applies to X-Men. We don’t necessarily need another movie entitled X-Men. In fact, it might feel a little stale. I think a title like “House of X” works, a title that speaks to a family built in part by Charles Xavier. I say in part because I think Emma Frost will be a co-founder. Fan theory. Either way, I think a fresh approach would be refreshing.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:52 PM, drotto said:

It did not bomb, but it underperformed based on the fact it was sold as one of the biggest events films of Phase 4 and was expected to break $1 billion, especially coming off Spider-Man

No where did I see people thought it would exceed Spider-Man.

It almost did $1 Billion dollars.

The movie exceed my expectations, and most people in their own minds thought it was going to be bigger than it actually was with cameos.

Anyone who thought it was going to be bigger than an Avengers movie I would argue isn't very bright.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

No where did I see people thought it would exceed Spider-Man.

It almost did $1 Billion dollars.

The movie exceed[ed] my expectations, and most people in their own minds thought it was going to be bigger than it actually was with cameos.

Anyone who thought it was going to be bigger than an Avengers movie I would argue arenisn't very bright.

:baiting:

For the bright people

On 3/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, D84 said:

"Almost on really counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" -Green Day

To be fair, Doctor Strange 2 exceeded my expectations. It was way worse than anyone had said.

The fact that any Dr Strange movie does more 500 Million is way above my expectations.

Assuming then all the movies since Spider-Man NWH you have ranked worse than Dr. Strange 2 then right?

On 3/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, Magneto said:

"X-Gender Fluid"

This way, you can be anything to appease any group at any time!

Sounds like a mutant ability. Stan Lee might have been on to something with the X idea that humans fear that which is different.

And does it always have to be about “appeasing groups” to some of y’all? How about comics don’t just have to be mindless entertainment but can also be an art form that reflects the ever changing world around us? Maybe Kevin Feige feels that responsibility with all that power, regardless if there’s a vocal contingent opposed to the march of change.

On 3/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Sounds like a mutant ability. Stan Lee might have been on to something with the X idea that humans fear that which is different.

And does it always have to be about “appeasing groups” to some of y’all? How about comics don’t just have to be mindless entertainment but can also be an art form that reflects the ever changing world around us? Maybe Kevin Feige feels that responsibility with all that power, regardless if there’s a vocal contingent opposed to the march of change.

Sounds like someone is overreacting a little today...

On 3/9/2023 at 8:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The idea of changing the X-Men name is a transparent vapid virtue signal and anyone rebuking that is irrefutably being intentionally ignorant.

Even better when they play the album, "60 years ago Stan Lee wanted to call it The Mutants, but his publisher was mean. So we're just honoring Stan, and ignoring all those decades of established lore and comic book, TV and movie general audience recognition. Doesn't matter!"

On 3/9/2023 at 10:59 AM, Straw-Man said:

i get alot of that down here in looziana.  yesterday i asked a guy, after a remarkably dumb comment, "what is it with you?  is it ignorance or is it apathy?"   he replied, "i don't know and i don't care."

Ah, home sweet home!

On 3/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Ok, but that is exactly what this is.  When you change the name of a book (comic or otherwise), or movie, or brand when it has used that same name for over 60 years, for no other reason than to be "open to all" you are straight up appeasing groups.

Seriously you can't see that?

On 3/9/2023 at 2:26 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, but that is exactly what this is.  When you change the name of a book (comic or otherwise), or movie, or brand when it has used that same name for over 60 years, for no other reason than to be "open to all" you are straight up appeasing groups.

Seriously you can't see that?

Just like they are trying to change the works of Roald Dalh, the Goosebumps books, James Bond, etc.  People must realize are a part of history and a product of their time. To change them is violating what the author wanted.  Dalh in particular is on record and was vehemently against it.  Stein has apparently also come out against the changes. It is wrong and smacks of 1984.  If you change history, the only purpose is to erase it and control people's thoughts and views.  It limits creativity, and limits thought.  These people also must realize that by setting the president to change or erase things, that means it can happen to them, as society shifts.

I view this as the exact same thing if you change x-Men.