• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone remember this old comic shop from central PA???

12 posts in this topic

I grew up in Hollidaysburg PA, and remember buying comics at Ott's Trading Post, on Allegheny St. It was more of a junk store with LOTS of back issue comics and new issues. this would have been in the 80s...when comics were 75 cents and the indy comics were hitting the scene hard. I loved that place. I always wonder what ever happened to Ott and his massive piles of comics

cloud9.gif.....

I grew up in Hollidaysburg PA, and remember buying comics at Ott's Trading Post, on Allegheny St. It was more of a junk store with LOTS of back issue comics and new issues. this would have been in the 80s...when comics were 75 cents and the indy comics were hitting the scene hard. I loved that place. I always wonder what ever happened to Ott and his massive piles of comics

cloud9.gif.....

I remember that place! thumbsup2.gif

Went there one time when I was visiting my grandparents (couldn't believe I actually got my grandfather to take me to a "comic shop" as much as he hated comics).

When I went, lots of junk and a few boxes of comics. I think I bought Spidey #201 and Dark Horse Godzilla.

Old topic, but was actually searching Carl Ott to see if he was still alive.  I grew up in Cresson Pa and used to go to Ott’s every weekend in the late 80’s and early 90’s.    Bought hundreds of comics there and wonder what ever happened to him... anyone know?

We used to go to Ott's all the time. Have searched under both Carl and Karl Ott. Karl lives in Duncanville Pa. but it lists that he also once lived in Holidaysburg! Not sure if it is him, lists his age as 72 which would probably jive because I am 57 and I thought he was at least 10 years older than me. I did not call the listed # but if you search with the info I have provided  a phone number is available.