• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask Greggy!"™ !!!!

1,835 posts in this topic

Wow, I've been gone for a week and you have your own Questiona and Answer thread.

Dear Greggy, Why does the Alfred Hitchcock movie Birds seem to ubruptly end with out any real satisfactory conclusion as to how to stop the Birds from attacking?

Tippy suckered him into thinking that a sequel was possible.

Dear Greggy,

....how does the thermos know wether to keep the liquid hot or cold?...how does the thermos know?

The new "smart" insulation technology.

Dear Greggy,

I am planning to open my 4th comic book shop in the next few months and I have a few questions:

Should the sign on the restroom door say "Private" or "Employees Only"? - It should say "Private dance room"

If a six year old girl mangles four copies of the new issue of Ultimate Spider-Man while trying to find an Archie comic, should I make those the sub pulls for the customers who are furthest behind in picking up their books, or the sub pulls for the customers who smell the worst? - Furthest behind in picking up their books. The smelly ones ignore their personal hygiene and opt for comics. Big $$ potential!

For Halloween, we always do a costume swap where each employee puts the name of a male comic character and the name of a female comic character on a card and drops it in a fishbowl. All employees draw cards and have to wear the costume listed. What characters should I put on my card this year, for a hot female employee to wear, and a male character that won't make me look like a ? - Shanna - Yorick

If I overorder on a really horrible new issue, is it better to donate the extra copies to a local charity for blind kids or to give it away to my subs as a "free gift"? - Neither, have a localized fire and ensure these books get damaged in order to collect the insurance money!

About twice a week a customer asks this question: "What's the most expensive comic you guys have?" I typically respond with "Why? You gonna buy it? Or steal it?" Is there a better line to pimpslap some manners into these rude customers? You know they wouldn't be stupid enough to ask that same question at a jewelry store. - Ask them if they are willing to give you a BBBJ in order to get the information.

If a little old lady customer comes in with a box of 10-cent DCs in mid-grade, and is carrying a copy of Overstreet's 15th edition with her, should I make my offer based on her copy of the guide? Or will I do less time in hell if I pull out my copy of the 18th edition and tell her there's a more recent guide we can go by? - Fleece grandma, as you'll be a lifer in hell anyways.

A lot of stores have TVs that constantly play superhero DVDs while the store is open as a way of reminding the customers that they are in a comic shop. Would it be alright if I played Misty Mundae's Spider-Babe DVD in my shop? - Sure, it'll be a good clue for the other "clients" that they are in the right place.

The space I am looking at for my new shop is two down from a liquor store. Can you think of any cool cross-promotions I could run with them to help sell comics? - Offer the first pre-teen to explain the Faust story line to you a free beer

I was considering sorting my Bronze Age books by genre to make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. Should Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love go in the romance section? Or the Horror section? - Horror, there are no lame advice pages in this mag

This city is one of the most overweight in North America. Can you recommend some good ways to tell female customers that we don't carry Supergirl Baby-Ts in 3X? - No, the brutal truth is the best answer

The other stores in town price VG Silver Age at VF prices pretty much across the board. Should I price mine the way they do, so customers don't get confused? Or would it be okay to mark them down to about 60% of NM guide so customers think they are getting a deal? - 60% of NM guide - It's all in the packaging

And finally, during that one scene in Team America: World Police, how did they get so much vomit to come out of such a small puppet? - Secret hidden compartment

Thanks. I'll take my answers on the board.

'House

Dear Greggy,I won a Green River ASM annual #1 yesterday.I asked a joke question about dead hookers 3 days ago.Do you think I will burn in hell for eternity now?
Yes, my non-responsiveness was a sign of my disapproval. 893naughty-thumb.gif

thank you........i guess i'll go cook myself in the sun to get used to eternal damnation.......p.s. you scare me....... 893whatthe.gif

Damnation isn't all that bad...you'll be used to it in no time. Take it from a cadaver that is giving the devil his due.

I suppose it was amusing at first, but the whole cadaver thing is kinda stupid now.

thank you........i guess i'll go cook myself in the sun to get used to eternal damnation.......p.s. you scare me....... 893whatthe.gif

Damnation isn't all that bad...you'll be used to it in no time. Take it from a cadaver that is giving the devil his due.

I suppose it was amusing at first, but the whole cadaver thing is kinda stupid now.

I'm not here to entertain you...but thanks for the feedback... stooges.gif

Why are you here anyway?

Why are you here anyway?

I was going to ask you the same question.

Why are you here anyway?

I'm here to keep Greggy company, because he has so few friends.

So why are you here?

Why are you here anyway?

So why are you here?

27_laughing.gif I'm just passing time....kinda like passing gas. Same effect I guess.

Why are you here anyway?

So why are you here?

27_laughing.gif I'm just passing time....kinda like passing gas. Same effect I guess.

With you that's not suprising. Although i suppose you think you are being original with this ID.