• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask Greggy!"™ !!!!

1,835 posts in this topic

Craw? Is that some Canadian form of spoken word? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it.

No! Not "craw"! CRAW!!!

(Gawd I hope someone remembers GET SMART!)

Never heard of it.................................................. poke2.gif

Me either. crazy.gif I maybe watched one full episode of Get Smart in my life - stupid comedy is just not funny to me. poke2.gifgrin.gif

Are you going to answer the poor man's question about Invaders #3 or not. makepoint.gif Because of this mess you've made DiceX thinks it was me that was wanting a copy. gossip.gif

Thanks for the offer Dice. My copy is VeryFine+ cloud9.gif

Hey dumbarse, there are 2 on the census who he can look for himself.
He asked it in good faith. 893naughty-thumb.gif Are these questions getting too tough for you? wink.gif
sleeping.gif

Well, actually, back in May I found one, thus, (though I'm sure nobody cares) completing my CGC run of Invaders in 9.6 or better.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Well, actually, back in May I found one, thus, (though I'm sure nobody cares) completing my CGC run of Invaders in 9.6 or better.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Congratulations. thumbsup2.gif

No thanks to Greggy mad.gif27_laughing.gif

Are you going to answer the poor man's question about Invaders #3 or not. makepoint.gif Because of this mess you've made DiceX thinks it was me that was wanting a copy. gossip.gif

He asked it in good faith. 893naughty-thumb.gif Are these questions getting too tough for you? wink.gif
sleeping.gif

yay.gif ... yay.gif

followed by an almost uncontrollable urge to sell them and start some other run?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sleeping.gif

yay.gif ... yay.gif

followed by an almost uncontrollable urge to sell them and start some other run?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, just an urge to upgrade all the 9.6s to 9.8s. Why? Are you interested in buying them?

Link to my CGC Invaders.

sleeping.gif

yay.gif ... yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, just an urge to upgrade all the 9.6s to 9.8s. Why? Are you interested in buying them?

Link to my CGC Invaders.

no, no...nothing like that. just seems like whenever i finish a run i feel the need to move on to the next thing.

actually, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif , i seem to want to move on when i get close to finishing the run. so something must really be wrong with me

no, no...nothing like that. just seems like whenever i finish a run i feel the need to move on to the next thing.

actually, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif , i seem to want to move on when i get close to finishing the run. so something must really be wrong with me

Just the collector's compulsion. There are quite a few other titles I'd like to put a run together of, but the Invaders were the title that hooked me when I was a kid. I'm actually glad they aren't all that expensive, or I would never have been able to put the run together.

sleeping.gif

yay.gif ... yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Link to my CGC Invaders.

That's an awesome run of Invaders thumbsup2.gif I've seen it on there before when I was browsing the census. How long did the run take you to complete?

Thanks. acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

I think it took about three years to get all of them except issue three. That one took another two years to find. My collecting interests are rather singular, so I wasn't distracted by other opportunities all that much. I bought some through e-bay, some through dealers; others I submitted to CGC myself--I think I submitted the first three issue 39's that were graded.

I definitely don't look at them as investments; I just personally enjoyed the run and wanted a really nice set to go with my reading set, so I overpaid for some, but others came really cheaply.

Now I just have to avoid the bug of thinking I have to upgrade. Reynold Jay has an Invaders 17 CGC 9.8 on e-bay right now, but he's asking close to $400 for it. That's crazy money, even for an avid Invaders collector like me. I didn't pay that much for issue one. Oh, well.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Thanks. acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

I think it took about three years to get all of them except issue three. That one took another two years to find. My collecting interests are rather singular, so I wasn't distracted by other opportunities all that much. I bought some through e-bay, some through dealers; others I submitted to CGC myself--I think I submitted the first three issue 39's that were graded.

I definitely don't look at them as investments; I just personally enjoyed the run and wanted a really nice set to go with my reading set, so I overpaid for some, but others came really cheaply.

Now I just have to avoid the bug of thinking I have to upgrade. Reynold Jay has an Invaders 17 CGC 9.8 on e-bay right now, but he's asking close to $400 for it. That's crazy money, even for an avid Invaders collector like me. I didn't pay that much for issue one. Oh, well.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

I know what you mean. I've been working on some other Bronze Age sets and have definately overpaid for some while others have come for slabbing fees or less.

Awhile back, I counted about 53 books RJ has that I'd like to have, but I'm not as over anxious as I used to be and won't pay his prices right now.

You got lucky getting your #1 when they were still affordable. I can't even latch onto one for $500 now. frown.gif

Early on I actually bought a few issues from RJ and the prices were down right fair. Now, however, I think he thinks he must out-price Mile High or he's getting ripped off.

I picked up the Invaders 1 pretty early on. I think I got it for about $355 if I'm remembering correctly.

I got some good raw comics from Motor City Comics, Metropolis, and e-bay. I purchased some not so great raw comics from Mile High and e-bay. I bought some slabbed ones from RJ, Mile High (after some negotiations), a comic shop in Alabama, Comic Link, and a few others.

Greggy,

What was the last issue of each of these titles to have a word balloon on the cover?

Action Comics

Batman

Detective Comics

Flash

Green Lantern

Superman

Wonder Woman

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Greggy,

What was the last issue of each of these titles to have a word balloon on the cover?

Action Comics

Batman

Detective Comics

Flash

Green Lantern

Superman

Wonder Woman

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't have time to re-log in under my Greggy id sumo.gif but this question made me go 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so a quick check of the GCD reveals...

Action Comics 785 January 2002

Batman 649 March 2006 smirk.gif

Detective Comics 707 March 1997 893whatthe.gif

Flash 188 Sept 2002

Green Lantern 107 December 1998

Superman 183 August 2002

Wonder Woman 73 April 1993 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

acclaim.gif