• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing comics

7 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RavensCollectibles said:

What is the best way to price comics? I usually look at solds and available on eBay but I am having dificulty with a couple of old key issues especially a couple that are SS. 

Thanks

there are some subscription services like GoCollect and GPA Analysis which have sales stats for SS series.  Overstreet price guide for a non-online service

You could also try making accounts with the online auction sites (Heritage, Comic Link, Comic Connect etc) and seeing what you can find there.

Not all sigs bring a premium.  depends on who signed it, if the sig takes away from the appeal on the cover etc

4 minutes ago, csaag said:

there are some subscription services like GoCollect and GPA Analysis which have sales stats for SS series.  Overstreet price guide for a non-online service

You could also try making accounts with the online auction sites (Heritage, Comic Link, Comic Connect etc) and seeing what you can find there.

Not all sigs bring a premium.  depends on who signed it, if the sig takes away from the appeal on the cover etc

Thank you and I’ll check those out. They are Stan Lee 

For pricing, GPA, GoCollect, eBay (sold listings only), ComicConnect, MyComicShop, other reputable online dealers, and Overstreet can be helpful. 

Keep in mind, you probably won't get as much as you think your comics are worth.

A lot depends on how quickly you want to move the comics.

Also, don't forget to factor in your time, shipping costs, packing supplies, etc

Someone should add a page to the n00b guide about this topic...

Yeah if I am unsure, I shoot a little high but welcome offers. It's all about what you feel good about. 

Also, depends on the book and signature. If its a key and a desired signature, you could ask for a fair bit more than just the grade value. If it is something more common, maybe the signature adds $100 or so. Like I said, price it a bit high and see what happens. Then, if nothing is happening, start dropping the price by $25 or so each time you list or post or whatever you do for selling your books. 

yeah pricing your comics it really has a effect on your price depending on your situation.. such as how fast you need cash do you want to sell it quickly hassle free do you want more profit out of it and are ok waiting is it a personal collection is it something you bought and want to make a quick buck off etc.. 

all these things factor into how you might want to price your books..