• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a win win proposition

10 posts in this topic

bump

selling these at 12.5 cents each makes me want to cry. there's plenty of good stuff in there. heck, i think i could have gotten 20 cents each from my LCS.

oh well, so much for my usual philosophy of only selling things at a price that makes me comfortable. if things hold up, i'm losing a big (relatively speaking) chunk on this stack 'o comics.

yeah, i think i have it set at not accepting bids from -1 feedback, if i won't take zeros I should say so. i have nothing against zeros per se. heck, i've been waiting to get a response out of a 200+ feedbacker on a $100 item he won.

sheehs, the bronze age books I list are worth more than where it's at, even if you only value them at 50 cents - $1 each (they are, of course, priceless, but I digress). and then there's a bunch more stuff after that.

what's really disappointing is that I have gotten much better prices for much crappier lots, but this time I actually went through the effort of listing a bunch of it, big photos, etc. you get punished for trying harder sometimes.

Feel your pain, blob...I still like to [embarrasing lack of self control] and moan about my TZ CGC 9.8 that went for 60 bucks every now and again.

You just never know.

Everyone seems to kvetch about the unfairness of a reserve auction, but when you're swingin' in the wind with no reserve it can really burn ya.

sorry peter, i wasn't checking the board last night on your postage question. stuff like this over 4 pounds starts getting pretty spensive to canada though, even with the 4-6 week method. i isuspect it would be more than the comics wound up selling for.

(there ought to be a company in the u.s. (on the border) that will accept shipments for canadians and schlep them over the border. it would be much cheaper i think. there's a company that does this for japanese.)

yeah, got low $20s. the zero, who has started bidding on a lot of lots, got into a bidding "war" with some other guy who likes lots. i think the zero is legit and won't play games, he has a neg that got resolved with the seller. The best 10-15 books out of the lot, sold individually, ought to be enough to pay for the whole thing.

eh, i can live with it even though I'm still losing money. win some, lose some. it's not much money lost, just the principle!

the annoying thing is that we seem to get 20 - 25 cents a comic on these lots whether I make them 10% Silver/Bronze or 50% like this one. And, of course, I do a little better the less I disclose about the books, which I don't like to do because 1 out of 10 buyers has unrealistic expectations for the comics they paid 20 cents each for and causes problems. I don't try, however, to play the game of sticking one expensive book on top of a bunch of image and defiant comics and give the impression you might be getting a stack of silver age books.

how many more potential lots I have like this in my storage room is anybody's guess. OTOH, believe it or not, I've gotten rid of the vast majority of my early 90s image/valiant/marvel drek already.