• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade my 1950 mazie #1

16 posts in this topic

otherwise sharp looking books with a big crease on the front cover often get grades in the 6.5-7.0 range, and not just GA books. I feel back cover flaws should be treated much less harshly than the same flaw on the front cover would. If I have a comic with a front cover and spine that looks to be in the NM range, but the back cover is midgrade, then I have no problem calling the comic VF. I can see an arguement that those creases are ugly enough to bring it down to a 7.0, but to call that book a 6.0 is to give more weight to the back cover than the front.

otherwise sharp looking books with a big crease on the front cover often get grades in the 6.5-7.0 range, and not just GA books. I feel back cover flaws should be treated much less harshly than the same flaw on the front cover would. If I have a comic with a front cover and spine that looks to be in the NM range, but the back cover is midgrade, then I have no problem calling the comic VF. I can see an arguement that those creases are ugly enough to bring it down to a 7.0, but to call that book a 6.0 is to give more weight to the back cover than the front.

Well, if that same flaw were on the front I would have said the book was a 5.0, not a 6.0.

Well, if that same flaw were on the front I would have said the book was a 5.0, not a 6.0.

I would agree.

Since there are not one but two creases on BC it won't get higher than 7.0 as it is now. Definitely not VF sumo.gif I'm willing to bet on that. poke2.gif

Seriously, send this one for pressing treatment. Then it would be VF or better.

6.5/7.0

I agree, strong chance for a 7.0.

When was this comic published?

Never mind I just found it. 1950 in a mini format 5" X 7 1/4"

While the comic was in my Comicbase 10 no info was. So it was back to the OSPG.