• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever wonder what kind of offers Heritage has had for it's domain?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Prime or short domain addresses are like good real estate.

Since Heritage Auctions owns one of them (HA.com)  Ive always wondered what sort of offers they've turned down for their domain name... 

I'm sure this guy's made some offers:

tumblr_mc69we3u1z1rur0aro1_1280.jpg&f=1&

:D

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm sure this guy's made some offers:

tumblr_mc69we3u1z1rur0aro1_1280.jpg&f=1&

:D

I think he would look for the HAHA.com one lol 

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Didn't Ford Motors have to buy ford.com from some regular joe who had the last name Ford and had ownership of the domain name?

Its fairly common. I worked for a company that wanted glgc.com (It was our now defunct stock ticker name) and the lady owning it wanted $250,000. We didn't pay and I think she still has the domain.

35 minutes ago, Badger said:
6 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Didn't Ford Motors have to buy ford.com from some regular joe who had the last name Ford and had ownership of the domain name?

Its fairly common. I worked for a company that wanted glgc.com (It was our now defunct stock ticker name) and the lady owning it wanted $250,000. We didn't pay and I think she still has the domain.

When I worked at a Benz dealership in the late 90's my old boss owned MercedesBenz.ca (think that was it) and he wanted big money for it. I can't remember what it was, but it was a 6 figure amount.

Benz Canada didn't pay and they went with some other domain. I see now that the domain routes to mercedes-benz.ca so I'm not sure if he sold it or not but at the time he was just forced to squat on it.

Heritage sold a comic book related domain name for an undisclosed 6 figure price. I don't remember the exact domain. It was either comicbook.com or comicbooks.com

There was a news article about it.