• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

iron man 1

20 posts in this topic

Welcome To The Boards!!!

That would depend on the overall grade of the book.

If it truly is missing a staple from the printing process that is referred to as a "Bindery Defect".

Bindery Defect - Defects associated with the binding process, including mistrimming, miswrapping, inaccurate stapling, etc.

This is what is stated in the Grading Standards...

PR 0.5 - VG 4.0 - No Effect On Grade

VG+ 4.5 and VG/FN 5.0 - An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed.

FN- 5.5 - FN/VF 7.0 - A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed

VF- 7.5 - VF 8.0 -  A limited accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed.

You can see by the wording that "small accumulation", "limited accumulation" and "minor" are not very concise in their meaning and leaves a lot to personal opinion.

My suggestion would be to open a thread and post pics in the "Hey Buddy, Can You Spare A Grade?" Section.

Edited by marvelmaniac

1 hour ago, marvelmaniac said:

Welcome To The Boards!!!

That would depend on the overall grade of the book.

If it truly is missing a staple from the printing process that is referred to as a "Bindery Defect".

Bindery Defect - Defects associated with the binding process, including mistrimming, miswrapping, inaccurate stapling, etc.

This is what is stated in the Grading Standards...

PR 0.5 - VG 4.0 - No Effect On Grade

VG+ 4.5 and VG/FN 5.0 - An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed.

FN- 5.5 - FN/VF 7.0 - A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed

VF- 7.5 - VF 8.0 -  A limited accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed.

You can see by the wording that "small accumulation", "limited accumulation" and "minor" are not very concise in their meaning and leaves a lot to personal opinion.

My suggestion would be to open a thread and post pics in the "Hey Buddy, Can You Spare A Grade?" Section.

Awesome(thumbsu

Edited by Hollywood1892

15 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

giphy-14.gif

I dont understand the gif.. this is sarcastic to what marvelmaniac is saying as his is correct in what he's describing.. if it wasn't DR evil saying it in his sarcastic way then I would say your agreeing, but this makes it look like your disagreeing with what he/she is saying.

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

I dont understand the gif.. this is sarcastic to what marvelmaniac is saying as his is correct in what he's describing.. if it wasn't DR evil saying it in his sarcastic way then I would say your agreeing, but this makes it look like your disagreeing with what he/she is saying.

:gossip:

He's tries to be funny instead of allowing it to flow naturally.

Not everyone can be as dumb as you and I. :baiting:

47 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I just like the way Dr Evil says things, very nonchalant 

I totally agree with Marvelmaniac

12 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I just like the way Dr Evil says things, very nonchalant 

I totally agree with Marvelmaniac

just a bit of a heads up Dr. Evil's statements are usually sarcastic, even with the content around his statements is usually sarcastic tones and meanings.. it wouldn't be seen as nonchalant meaning relaxed, carefree, not interesting statements.. just saying..

I now know you mean that you agree with Marvelmaniac. 

the only reason I am caring is cause a brand new newbie is asking a question and MarvelManiac gave a good response with great info and if I was a newbie and saw another posting posting a meme that could be taken as sarcastic it might make me think Marvelmaniac's advice is not good in which it is.. its a newbie section, lets help the newbies myself included. That's the only reason I am calling you out on this issue I see. 

:foryou:

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

just a bit of a heads up Dr. Evil's statements are usually sarcastic, even with the content around his statements is usually sarcastic tones and meanings.. it wouldn't be seen as nonchalant meaning relaxed, carefree, not interesting statements.. just saying..

the only reason I am caring is cause a brand new newbie is asking a question and MarvelManiac gave a good response with great info and if I was a newbie and saw another posting posting a meme that could be taken as sarcastic it might make me think Marvelmaniac's advice is not good in which it is.. its a newbie section, lets help the newbies myself included. That's the only reason I am calling you out on this issue I see. 

Do you want me to delete it?

6 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

:gossip:

The n00bs will quickly realize whose posts to be advised on.

:)

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Do you want me to delete it?

the decision is all yours just giving you a heads up as how others will see it and how a newbie might interpret it. I am not here to censor people just offer friendly advice. like your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man :bigsmile:

51 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

Good call. It's important to recognize that there are even newbier newbs than others, especially for those who believe there's an "anti-newb" bias on the board.

23 hours ago, Fgd2868 said:

if the book is missing a staple from the factory does it affect grade

Generally no. There are some exceptions, but the vast majority of the time, if the book wasn't manufactured with a second staple, it's not counted against it (even in the highest grades.) But that assumes the book was manufactured that way, rather than just having the staple removed. Check closely for holes. They aren't always easy to see.

As this is a CGC sponsored forum, it's important to note that the grading standards referred to are Overstreets and not CGCs. As far as I know, CGC has never released their grading standards. People have sort of deduced them but the official CGC standards are as elusive as the WWE rule book. 

2 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

Just so we are on the same page, I am a HE that likes SHE'S.

Ok lol just didn’t want to infer a gender without knowing and didn’t want to offend