• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motor City Comics makes a sincere effort re: compensation

What would you all prefer?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What would you all prefer?

71 posts in this topic

The fact that nearly everyone one this board agreed with me speaks volumes. You keep jumping off the cuff over stupid little stuff, and wonder why no one agrees with you. I get mad over things too, but you're getting mad at someone who agreed to pay you back for a book that you might have bought from him 15 years ago!

...you can't expect them to give discounts or refunds for something you think you did...

Are my comments being encrypted into hyroglyfics(spellcheck) or what?

I NEVER ASKED FOR A DISCOUNT. I NEVER ASKED FOR A REFUND. mad.gif

Repeat. Rewind. Repeat. Rewind. Repeat. Rewind.

Rick

Hey BOC, close your mouth when you sleep; you're snoring. wink.gif

Thank you, blowout! For a while there I thought I was going bonkers!

Don't breath easy just yet........because you are. tongue.gif

Besides, I got lost on the way to an Anger Management class, and that REALLY pissed me off!

I went to one of those Anger Management classes once......but I ended up beating the instructor to death. frown.gif

...stupid little stuff..

Gee, is all this really just stupid little stuff? Thanx for enlighteneing us all. Sorry to have wasted your time. You can move along now. I'm sure there are more impor..uh wait a sec. If this is all so meaningless to you, why do you bother responding at all? D'oh!

...wonder why no one agrees with you...

Uh no, I wonder if others see my side of it. But agreeing with me? Sorry, I don't post here for pats on the back. And I've already admitted that this thread does not present me in a good light. Try again.

...a book that you might have bought from him...

Ouch. That hurts. Questioning my integrity now? If these forum members doubted my claim of who the seller was, how many would even take the time to respond here, hmmm?

You want to give insightful, thought-provoking responses, Matt, or shall we continue on this level.

I take all criticism into account, contructive and destructive. But I don't give in to the majority JUST because it's the majority. And if people want to concentrate only on the tone of the emails, so be it. That was not my intention.

Rick

how do you round eyes say it?

And in San Francisco, too! How non-PC!!!! How refreshing!

But I have held back overall and now will express myself. I think the initial communications were harsher than needed on both sides but were expressed in the heat of the moment. I think we all have had heat of the moment expressions (and anyone who takes advantage of THAT opening should be ashamed! shocked.gifgrin.gif But the proof of the duck is in the eating, and what began as a potential bomb ended up as balm (hokey but there it is).

I know I have had a couple of fracases on ebay but both times they resulted in clarification and now both of the people are amoung my favorite sellers.

I have never dealt with Motor City but have seen there ads for years and years. Now I feel ok dealing with them. Just wish their prices were a tad lower! But then again, isn;t that ALWAYS the case?

I have never dealt with Motor City but have seen there ads for years and years. Now I feel ok dealing with them. Just wish their prices were a tad lower! But then again, isn;t that ALWAYS the case?

oh you'll see them at the wonder con this month, they're always there. laugh.gif

oh you'll see them at the wonder con this month

I don't know, Supa. Found this on their web site Convention Schedule today and was bummed.

X-Trava-Con - Livonia, MI Sunday April 27, 2003

No mention at all of Wondercon.

It was a joke. I should have posted:

Fine. mad.gif

It's Crispin Glover buttstench. grin.gif

See, buttstench is a name that Butthead would call Beavis, and even though it's not a nice name, it's all meant in the spirit of brotherhood. I didn't mean anything negative by it, and hope you'll accept my apology. tongue.gif

Actually, it was the "greggy" icon that threw me.

I figured you thought I was calling you a "dill-hole," and took it the wrong way. shocked.gif

I see now through your thinly veiled sarcasm that we are on the same page.

For now.

Monkeyspank. smirk.gif

Rick

(heheheh, he said "spank")