• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many teachers do we have?

52 posts in this topic

I figured that since the lawyers and the engineers got their own thred, we teachers should get our own as well.

I teach 7th grade sci/ss

Got my undergrad from Appalachian State in 99 and my masters in middle grade ed in 2003.

Wife is also a teacher.

I went to college for teaching. Graduated, got my certification (social studies secondary ED), and then spent three years looking for a job in an absolutely horrible market. (at that time)

Finally decided to move in another direction.

I figured that since the lawyers and the engineers got their own thred, we teachers should get our own as well.

I teach 7th grade sci/ss

Got my undergrad from Appalachian State in 99 and my masters in middle grade ed in 2003.

Wife is also a teacher.

I guess I qualify on two boards...teacher/engineer.

My wife and I homeschool both of our kids(teenagers)...no insult to public school teachers....but due to health related illnesses with each kid(cystic fibrosis and bi-polar).

No teacher degrees, but two more math courses and I could have gotten a degree to publically teach math. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My sisters a teacher and she'll be going on strike in the next week or so.

Underpaid and overworked for the months she does work. :-)

What state is she in? In NC, it is against the law to form a Union or to strike for better wages/benefits.

I teach languages to the the kind of kids you see in those "Vigilante-Teacher" movies...and this thread reminds me I need to go back to work tomorrow after only 9 weeks of holidays...still not rested up completely tongue.gif

I teach languages to the the kind of kids you see in those "Vigilante-Teacher" movies...and this thread reminds me I need to go back to work tomorrow after only 9 weeks of holidays...still not rested up completely tongue.gif

NC readjusted our calendar so we got out first week of May but didnt go back until the 3 week in August. Usually we go back 1st week of August. cloud9.gif

I should tell a little more...kind of vague...

this year I will teach 3rd grade. I have taught 3rd, 4th and 5th over the years. This is my 8th year. I just completed my Masters in 2004 and my Masters Paper was 'Are Comic Books a Viable form of Reading in the Educational Setting'..

this year I will teach 3rd grade. I have taught 3rd, 4th and 5th over the years. This is my 8th year. I just completed my Masters in 2004 and my Masters Paper was 'Are Comic Books a Viable form of Reading in the Educational Setting'..

What was your conclusion? confused-smiley-013.gif

Man, congrats on teaching that long. My wife and you have been in it the same time while this is my 7th year. When I got my masters, i didnt have to write a paper but present a product of the things i had done in class.