• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Forever People

11 posts in this topic

I am curious to learn how much mold affects a comic @Hollywood1892 there is some black on the book that looks like mold to me can u confirm if it is. 

if it is mold I would check stains and water damage and since it not showing much in your pics of stains I am leaning towards schmutz or ink.. 

I would say its in the 6.5 range.. 

image.png.baae65b2e511ef3bea9be55552a0e6df.png

19 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I am curious to learn how much mold affects a comic @Hollywood1892 there is some black on the book that looks like mold to me can u confirm if it is. 

if it is mold I would check stains and water damage and since it not showing much in your pics of stains I am leaning towards schmutz or ink.. 

I would say its in the 6.5 range.. 

image.png.baae65b2e511ef3bea9be55552a0e6df.png

I'm not sure what that is

Doesn't have a funny smell.

Maybe the previous owner stored it in their garage

That's a good catch

Edited by Hollywood1892

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's a good catch

I would just check that out but  even with the rest of damage wear, tears I would be around a 6.5 maybe 7.0 

9 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's a good catch

I had a GA book ("Hit" comics, I forget the issue) with a dime size black yuck on the back cover that got a 6.5. The book was probably a 7.0-7.5 otherwise. But that was in the old days when folks thought they were lax with GA books. It was also highest in the census at a 6.5, but I figure that's because it was only a $200 book.