• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Giant Size X-men #1
1 1

15 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

As it sits, I see 3.5-4.0.  Looks like lots of potential pressable problems could boost into the 5.0 range. 

I overpaid so if I get 4.5-5.0 after pressing and slabbing and ebay fees, I will break even, but thats a big hassle ! :( 

Yeah I think hoping for Fine or better would be a bit much. I would still put the money into improving it with a good clean in press. You would be surprised. I have seen some books that looked like yours get turned into 7.0 range books, and that was against what most thought it would pull. So its possible but I tend to think is the exception, not the rule when it comes to looking for a bump from pressing/cleaning. If a book warrants it and has the right correctable defects, a good clean/press I think should be expected to bump minimum 0.5 and max 1.5 grade. Anything more is gambling and I wouldnt do that.