• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Offer Takes these beauties

33 posts in this topic

I decide to try something different with the CGC graded material. Rather than doing fixed price, I've opted instead to offer about a dozen or so graded books on "best offer" terms. I'll be leaving for Ecuador on Wed (Aug 11th) returning Aug 22nd, so if you really want this book or any books offered this week, then get in touch with me asap. Otherwise, I will be contacting people upon my return. First up is an ASM 123 CGC 9.0:

Best Offer Item

Amazing Spider-Man 123! Luke Cage Appearance/Gwen Stacy Funeral CGC!

Description:

The Amazing Spider-Man 123! This issue features a Luke Cage appearance and the funeral of Gwen Stacy! This copy is UNRESTORED and has been professionally by CGC with a universal grade of VF/NM 9.0 (Off-White to White Pages)!

My name is Joseph Fiore. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have been buying and selling comics for over 17 years. Please also note that if you are local, a pick-up between myself and the buyer can be arranged. If opting for a local pick-up, please contact me first before purchasing.

Payment: PayPal

Best Offer takes this beauty!

SHIPPING ON this item will be US $7.50 in Canada and $9.00 to the US. Insurance is Optional!

Click Here For An Enlarged Scan

ASM123_sm.jpg

Will you be visiting Cuenca?

Most people just hit Quayaquil and the Galapagos.

Nice format,will watch with interest. Not in this bok but with your methods.

Best of Luck and Gods Speed.

In two trips,I've found the Ecuadorian people to be the friendliest,least arrogant folks in C&SA.

if memory serves me well,there is some sort of National Holiday towards the middle of August. As if these people need an excuse for a party.

Will you be visiting Cuenca?

Most people just hit Quayaquil and the Galapagos.

Nice format,will watch with interest. Not in this bok but with your methods.

Best of Luck and Gods Speed.

In two trips,I've found the Ecuadorian people to be the friendliest,least arrogant folks in C&SA.

if memory serves me well,there is some sort of National Holiday towards the middle of August. As if these people need an excuse for a party.

Hey shadroch

Thanks for the kind words.

This is a trip about 6 years in the making, in that I wanted to go every year for the past 6 years, and something always came in the way of it happening.

The trip will be 10 days of land and sea (I dive and snorkel) exploration, with a home-base in Santa Cruz and a trip to most (if not all) of the Galapagos islands -- one each day. We will also be staying in Ecuador for a day or two which like yourself, I hear has some of the most remarkable and hospitable people. I've been so geeked out about this trip for the past two months that now that I'm only a few days away, I'm a nervous wreck... I just can't wait... cloud9.gif

So I guess I'll just list some books for you guys to take off my hands, and help pay for this trip... grin.gif

One last travel trip,altough things may have changed in the four years since my last visit.

The US Dollar is the official currency of Equador,but much of the larger bills($20s and up) are very good fakes,coming from Columbia. Try not to accept many as change,and leave as much as you can behind.

One last travel trip,altough things may have changed in the four years since my last visit.The US Dollar is the official currency of Equador,but much of the larger bills($20s and up) are very good fakes,coming from Columbia. Try not to accept many as change,and leave as much as you can behind.
Thanks for the tip and very helpful info shadroch! Much appreciated! thumbsup2.gif Next up, Captain America Comics 66 CGC 9.0:
Best Offer Item[/b]
[/b]

Captain America Comics 66! Origin of Golden Girl/Bucky is shot CGC White Pages![/b]

Description:[/b]

Captain America Comics 66! Superior Comics/Canadian edition. This issue features the origin of Golden Girl and Bucky gets shot! This copy is UNRESTORED and has been professionally by CGC with a universal grade of VF/NM 9.0 (White Pages)!

My name is Joseph Fiore. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and have been buying and selling comics for over 17 years. Please also note that if you are local, a pick-up between myself and the buyer can be arranged. If opting for a local pick-up, please contact me first before purchasing.

SHIPPING ON this item will be US $7.50 in Canada and $9.00 to the US. Insurance is Optional!

CA66_sm.jpg

ASM 155 CGC 9.2 White Pages:

Best Offer Item
Amazing Spider-Man 155! Romita Cover/Buscema & Esposito art CGC White Pgs!

Description:

The Amazing Spider-Man 155! This issue features a Romita cover and Sal Buscema and Mike Esposito artwork! This copy is UNRESTORED and has been professionally graded by CGC with a universal grade of NM- 9.2 (White Pages)!

ASM155_sm.jpg

HOS 92 F/VF:

Best Offer Item
House of Secrets 92! First Swamp Thing Bernie Wrightson art!

Description:

House of Secrets 92! The first appearance of Swamp Thing issue with artwork featuring a classic Wrightson cover! This copy is not CGC graded, but is UNRESTORED and has been conversatively graded with a grade of F/VF!

HOS92_sm.jpg

Forbidden Tales of Dark Mansion 11 VF:

Best Offer Item
FORBIDDEN TALES DARK MANSION #11! Nice High-Grade DC Horror!

Description:

Forbidden Tales Dark Mansion #11! Nice high-grade copy of DC horror! This copy is not CGC graded, but is UNRESTORED and has been conversatively graded with a grade of VF!

DM11_sm.jpg

House of Mystery 205 VF:

Best Offer Item
HOUSE OF MYSTERY #205! Nice High-Grade DC Horror!

Description:

House of Mystery #205! Nice high-grade copy of DC horror! This copy is not CGC graded, but is UNRESTORED and has been conversatively graded with a grade of VF!

HOM_205_sm.jpg

Marvel Team-Up 1 VF-:

Best Offer Item
Marvel Team-Up 1! Nice High-Grade Copy!

Description:

Marvel Team-Up #1! Human Torch appearance! This copy has been conservatively graded with a grade of VF-

MTU1_sm_ab.jpg

Captain America 113 Fine+:

Best Offer Item
Captain America 113 Fine+ Awesome Steranko Cover!

Description:

Captain America #113! Awesome Steranko cover! This copy has been conservatively graded with a grade of Fine+!

CA113_sm.jpg

A couple of quick notes. I'll be posting more books in the coming days/weeks. I have also recieved a great deal of positive feedback with this format, and it will soon make its way to all items available at my store. I will continue to list stuff in the marketplace to allow CGC board members first dibs on new material. As always, thanks for taking a moment to look! thumbsup2.gifAmazing Spider-Man 65 CGC VF/NM 9.0 (OW)

Best Offer Item

Amazing Spider-Man 65! Foggy Nelson appearance :: CGC!

Description:

The Amazing Spider-Man 65! This issue features a Foggy Nelson appearance! This copy is UNRESTORED and has been professionally graded by CGC with a universal grade of VF/NM 9.0 (Off-White Pages)!

ASM65_sm.jpg

Green Lantern 76! G copy!

Best Offer Item[/b]
[/b]

Green Lantern #76! First Neal Adams on Green Lantern Series? Affordable copy! [/b]

Green Lantern #76! Affordable Copy! Begins Green Lantern/Green Arrow series! Art by Neal Adams 76-89)! This copy has been conservatively graded with a grade of Good!

GL76ba_sm.jpg

Funny Aminals 1 CGC NM Apparent Slight (P) 9.4:

Best Offer Item

Funny Aminals 1! Robert Crumb! First appearance of ART SPIEGELMAN'S MAUS in comics:: CGC!

Description:

Funny Aminals 1! Robert Crumb and Art Spiegelman Art. This issue features the first appearance of MAUS in comics! This copy is RESTORED and has been professionally graded by CGC with a Slight (P) Apparent grade of NM 9.4 (very small amount of colour touch on cover -- Off-White to White Pages)!

FA1_sm.jpg

I'm astounded by your format. You really know how to put up a great format. How in blazes did you do this format? Most professional...Oh.and very nice books too!
Thanks musicmeta and supa!! thumbsup2.gifThe layout is pretty close to the layout used in my online store. As for the "best offer" concept, believe it or not, I developed this format about a year and a half ago for an eBay auction. Needless to say, the idea didn't fly with eBay, and I was asked not to use it anymore. Ironic isn't it -- how eBay now uses the concept themselves. Anyhow, I digress. I put the code aside, and recently rediscovered it and decided to launch it on these boards for any new material about to hit my store. I hope to eventually roll out the "best offer" concept to my online store. Its been working very well; I've recieved offers which are very close or match what I would be asking, so I'm pretty happy its been well recieved. Thanks to everyone for stopping-by and taking a look!Fantastic Four 33:
Best Offer Item[/b]
[/b]

Fantastic Four #33! 1st Altuma! Part Photo Cover![/b]

Fantastic Four #33! 1st Altuma! Part Photo Cover! This copy has been conservatively graded with a grade of VF!

FF33_sm.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 90 VF+:

Best Offer Item[/b]
[/b]

Amazing Spider-Man #90! Death of Capt Stacy! Gil Kane/John Romita art![/b]

Amazing Spider-Man #90 in VF+ condition

(Marvel Comics, 1970).

"And Death Shall Come!" features a story by Stan Lee and art by Gil Kane and John Romita as Spidey faces Doctor Octopus! This is also the classic issue where Captain Stacy dies.

ASM90_sm.jpg