• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing glue

3 posts in this topic

I have Yet Another Botched Framing Job, where someone left glue on the back of a piece of pencil and ink art.  The paper is rippling, the framer thinks due to the glue and it will straighten out if the glue is removed.  Any advice on how to remove it?  I've used a heat gun in the past to remove something glued to a page, but this seems different.  I've heard of Goo Gone, not sure if that's appropriate in this situation.

I've got estimates for having it removed by an expert, but I can't really justify the expense on a relatively inexpensive page.

I guess I can just have it framed as is, but you know how it is, once you know it's there....

IMG_20191201_122856.thumb.jpg.9fa40b648604611885ad81db64e8e6c4.jpg

A hair dryer and an eraser have worked for me in the past. But anything stubborn goes to Gordon Christman.

No Goo Gone. That stuff will leach into the paper.

My old post about removing tape-

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/436172-new-way-to-remove-tape/?do=findComment&comment=10300446