• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I submit this for grading?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

if you do decide to grade it I would do a press and clean, to help with some of the dirt on the BC and to help with the small bends that I think are on the BC in the center or it could be the lighting. 

Are you grading because you love it? If so, go for it. And have it pressed and cleaned for the best displaying copy for your PC!

Are you grading it to sell it? If so, it sits around an 8.0 for me. They sell for around $60-90 depending on the day. After grading and pressing, you could make a small profit. If you get a bump to an 8.5 or a 9.0, that would help. 

These are the factors you must weigh. 

33 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

if you do decide to grade it I would do a press and clean, to help with some of the dirt on the BC and to help with the small bends that I think are on the BC in the center or it could be the lighting. 

Thanks guys! I will go ahead and have it cleaned & pressed. Its one I'm going to hold on to because its from my childhood.

@Tessio68 if you want some advice on grading you can create a thread in the Hey buddy spare a grade section of the forum with a bit more pics and other boardie's will probably give you a decent idea of the grade for the book. 

2 hours ago, Tessio68 said:

Hey guys, I have a Ms. Marvel #1, The front cover looks NM to me, but the back cover is dirty looking. Do you think it's worthy for grading? (See Pic)

Welcome to the boards!

You should look into some tutorials about grading just to help you grade better and understand the process. Same for pressing and cleaning.

Keep in mind that the book is graded as a whole. So the front cover looking NM doesnt mean much if something else is wrong with the book.

27 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

@Tessio68 if you want some advice on grading you can create a thread in the Hey buddy spare a grade section of the forum with a bit more pics and other boardie's will probably give you a decent idea of the grade for the book. 

+1 to posting in https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/