• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrong label / grader notes don’t match
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

My friend recently submitted two books of our’s under his CGC dealer account, both the same exact book. Either the grader notes are swapped or the labels are wrong. My book has a 9.0 label with his flaws in the grader notes for that cert # and his book is an 8.0 label with my flaw in the notes. They are distinguishable differences. What’s the process for fixing this? Are they regraded or re-evaluated? Is this a grader note mismatch in the system? It’s a relatively significant difference in value for the book. Pretty frustrating for us both.  

3 hours ago, Greg Ciraulo said:

Hi,

My friend recently submitted two books of our’s under his CGC dealer account, both the same exact book. Either the grader notes are swapped or the labels are wrong. My book has a 9.0 label with his flaws in the grader notes for that cert # and his book is an 8.0 label with my flaw in the notes. They are distinguishable differences. What’s the process for fixing this? Are they regraded or re-evaluated? Is this a grader note mismatch in the system? It’s a relatively significant difference in value for the book. Pretty frustrating for us both.  

Ask CGC! They must have a remedy for such mistakes.

Edited by eastcoaster

I recently had a similar experience...I called the customer service line and spoke to an agent. He asked me to email him directly the details of my concerns and I attached some pics...this was last Friday (one week ago). He is out today (I just called). That's all I have...

My concerns were:
>RED Graders notes online, contradict notes on case and BLACK comments online
>Marked flaws seem incorrect as I believe the wrong pages are referenced
>Suspected book swap, perhaps, or notes are swapped
>Notes/rmks are not consistent with what I have found online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oQM2jrUi0U

This is a high end book, so the grade could be affected...this was also my FIRST submission, so this is a bit of a disappointment. I hope it is addressed and corrected soon.

I hope this helps...good luck, to us both!!

Comments.PNG

Grader Notes.PNG