• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is QES trying to do ?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I have had an email about QES which appears to be a higher grading tier for comics that have been already graded. It would seem QES, after paying a fee, stick a label on your CGC holder to indicate the comic's finer attributes. Not sure how this sits with CGC, as it tries to override/enhance their market standard grading system ? 

I suppose the market will decide if a graded comic with a perfect spine but, a 4 inch corner crease has been undervalued, or not ?

8 minutes ago, NoMan said:

(tsk)

I hope no books in your collection are ever exceptional enough to receive a QES sticker. At least until you learn to appreciate beauty. 

:x

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you dingus.

You're free to appreciate the "beauty" of women who look like men. No judgment...

4 hours ago, Colin Nash said:

I have had an email about QES which appears to be a higher grading tier for comics that have been already graded. It would seem QES, after paying a fee, stick a label on your CGC holder to indicate the comic's finer attributes. Not sure how this sits with CGC, as it tries to override/enhance their market standard grading system ? 

I suppose the market will decide if a graded comic with a perfect spine but, a 4 inch corner crease has been undervalued, or not ?

seeing as how I derailed this thread, suppose I better try to answer the question before sensibilities and feelings get hurt:

Opinions are like, well, you know. However, the general consensus that I've seen around here is that QES stickers and the like are kinda silly. A cash grab if you will. Overkill. Etc. Now if QES and their brethren created a detailed review of the book with (public?) detailed notes, maybe, you know. But QES and their brethren don't and can't because the book has already been graded and entombed in its plastic grave before those Johnny-Come-Latlies come 'round, so....

Now, young Debbie Harry or young Kim Gordon?

Edited by NoMan